Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Debate what?  It's a lake, groomed trail running machine.  Nobody ever questioned why I rode a MachZ for 7 years

I definately prefer some weight at speed.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slarsaon report to the office for a detention. Oh and it must be served the first day and or night of snowfall.

Caleb

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I swiped this from another forum:
Real RX1 weight
TurboRX1 on 8/21/2002 6:37:00 PM

We weighed a RX1 full of gas oil coolant etc.ready to ride.Weighed 645 lbs.It was weiged on a race car scale and the track weight and ski weight were only 14 lbs different.It is very well balanced

·
Registered
138 Posts
Also swipped from another forum:

"I know exactly what you're talking about with regards to the weight diff. between front and rear on scales...I have observed about the same weight distribution patterns across all brands + or - a percent or two. "

·
Registered
22 Posts
648 pds full of fuel? Minus 8 gallons of fuel at 6pds per gallon makes 600 pds minus 3 quarts of oil another 4, 1.5 gallons of water makes what 10 pds. leaving a grand total of 586 pds . About 30pds lighter than a T-Cat full of gas.

Good job Yami!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Two-Up-  were you sleeping when you posted that??  You are saying that a T-Cat full of fuel weighs 616lbs??  Not on this planet!
Everyone is forgetting that what Yamaha said was "within 5% of an SRX with reverse".

·
Registered
259 Posts
A while back I saw a list of wet weights in a magazine and I was surprised how close all the machines were despite the supposed differences in dry weight. If I remember correctly the SRX was around 630 wet. I could be wrong because that was while ago but if thats the case than 648 isn't that bad.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The horse is dead. Quit beating it! (no pun&#33

It's not a mogul basher. It's a 4 stroke. SO it's going to a
little on the heavey side. Isn't there anything else in the
Yamaha line up worthy of talking about? LOL

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
maluchm, that's cool, how were you able to put a picture of yourself on your replies

PS What's with the green hair

·
Registered
756 Posts
Hey mighty didn't the other kids pick on you about your blue skin in school?

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mighty RX-1 @ Aug. 22, 2002, 1:17pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">maluchm, that's cool, how were you able to put a picture of yourself on your replies

PS What's with the green hair
[/b][/quote]
I don't want to take this the wrong way but are you pulling
this down to a personal level? If so, I hope that you can do
better then that!

That's been my icon for a long time now. Sorry if you don't
like it.

·
Registered
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mighty RX-1 @ Aug. 22, 2002, 2:53pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just messin with you buddy

Nice looking lady ya got there
[/b][/quote]
Thank you very much Mighty.
Just like the rest.....she's a handfull.

By the way, she did want to dye my hair blue at one time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts