Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a show this pst weekend and viewed the RX-1 for the first time. Nice looking, but heavy up front!! Thought I was gonna bust a gut picking it up. I would hate to get it off the trail, would need a groomer to pull it out! Very impressive technology, will see how they progress until I take the plunge.

·
Registered
884 Posts
:withstupid: I was at Onsted this weekend and "Tried" to pick the animal up. Sweet looking sled, love the sound, but man was it heavy in the front! The Rear end compared to any other sled in weight. Hopefully I get to ride one this winter to see how it really does!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey catman. You have to come up here for the Capac drags Nov 10 I believe is the date. It'll only be about an extra hour to hourand a half drive. So how far from toledo are you? I'm 1 hour.
Caleb

·
Registered
884 Posts
I am down between Dayton and Lima just off of I 75. It is about an hour and 15 minutes for me to get to Toledo. Is that race a run what you brung type? If so, I might have to make a trip up. Hopefully we have the "440" ready for season by then and I can bring it up. Let me know for sure when the races are, thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
It is Nov 10. Send me your PH# in a pm or email me. There will be a few of us from around me so we may be able to meet up and put all the sleds on one trailer or something.
caleb

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hey guys, chill out with the RX-1 insults, or the few of us might have to start some trouble with you guys.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I found it unbelivably heavy up front. This really isnt an issue but if I was buying one I would definitly get reverse. Reverse should come standard.

·
Registered
387 Posts
come on what insults? someone has a negative opinion that's all...

i think the RX-1 will prove them wrong and without all the negatives first, it won't be as much fun.

lighten up -- all you did was buy one you didn't build it... :D

oh man, its gonna b a great winter!

·
Registered
884 Posts
:withstupid: Really, I did not say anything bad about the sled, just that I thought being 6'1 225#'s I would be able to pick the front of the sled up, and I couldn't. I have nothing against the Heavier sleds, I still love to ride them on the trails, just stating what happened! Chill out, I hope it is an awesome sled!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Exactlly. Being 6,6 and pretty strong I couldnt belive how much trouble the RX-1 was to lift. Yes i could lift it but I wouldnt want to. I seriously would recommend reverse for someone thats not a body builder.

THats the Honest truth.

·
Registered
259 Posts
No matter what happens people are going to continue to bash the RX-1. I ride an SRX and I get bashed constantly. Last season I met up with a guy who did nothing but tell me how much of a piece of crap my sled was, how slow it was etc. He was a nice guy but he was honest about his opinions. We raced...I beat him really bad...and he still wouldn't let up. Some people are just that way, no matter what they refuse to believe anything other than what they want to believe.

·
Registered
692 Posts
really 99 after you won he still ran his mouth?? with the group of guys i ride with the one who wins can run there mouth! should have knocked him out!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
99SRX700 - I dont see or read anything in the above forum that justifies bashing of the RX-1. You and a few others seem to be using this word a little bit to loosly and it does harm the quality of conversation on this site because bashing is a very serious offence on this site.

It seems that nothing negitive can be said about the RX-1 with out having a few of you jump all over it calling it bashing and so on.

You will never get everyone to agree with you on your opinion of a sled and you and the rest of us know that. So if someone doest like somthing, or comments on somthing and god forbid he adds a little joke, dont take it personal and cry about it. I think we can all say that we all seem to know each other a little and no one on here would want to personnally insault anyone. Somepeople just write things wrong and sometimes have bad moods. Just keep that in mind.

Peace..

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
640 pounds according to another poster. Look within this forum for the picture of the scale reading. I don't remember which thread.

·
Registered
59 Posts
k folks this is off of another forum, it only didn't gain weight it also lost 10 hp from last winter, this is a legit number as it was dynoed by dynotech industries.

136.6 hp and 69 ft/lbs of torque @ 10,400 rpm measured directly off the engine crank. There will be some inherent loss through the gear reduction. Peak torque was 76.1 ft/lbs @ 7600 rpm. Realize the gear reduction is a torque multiplier so drive clutch torque will be 1.2 x crankshaft torque. :cussing:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Machzzz I understand your point but at the same time all everyone does is call this machine hype and talk about its weight. I think the reason for this is because its weight is its most negative feature and thats what everyone seems to focus on. To me that is bashing. The only positive posts I have seen have been in response to negative ones. I am not taking anything personally I am just trying to add a little balance. I know its heavy I picked one up myself but its not as heavy as everyone says it is.

·
Registered
70 Posts
F7-----> 140hp and 435lbs 2 STROKE POWER!!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts