Snowmobile World banner

Rx-1

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Sharkey 
#1 ·
Will Yammy be producing the SRX's this year or has the RX-1 taken her place?

#5 ·
They should've put the SRX tuned and piped motor in the Viper or put tripp pipes on the viper as a replacement. It is suprising that they killed such a great sled but sales of them realy fell off I think, but I'm not sure. I think the RX-1 is going to be ALOT better than expected. But we'll see in  a couple of months at Hayday's!!! Because after Hayday's nothing else matters!!!!!!!

Caleb

#11 ·
Sled Dog,
    The SRX and the Viper are almost the same machine. Well there are quite a few differences but in the general sense they are quite the same. The Viper is just the SRX in single pipe form. They basically took the SRX, threw a single pipe on it and made a few changes to the motor so it would run better with the single pipe (which is why the viper makes so much more power with triple pipes than the srx). They also put long travel suspension in it, the engine was then set lower in the chassis to accomodate the increased height from the different suspension. Granted it doesn't have the top end of the SRX but it handles just as well and has more low end when clutched right, the stock clutching sucks but that will improve over the next few seasons. Its just Yamaha's way of making excuses for us to buy a new machine.

#12 ·
Here's what I think

I think Yamaha is shaking things up, sparking interests and creating new things, which is what they should do.  

Do you think some people with bottomless wallets are going to want to keep a snowmobile that they don't even make anymore?  Even knowing that there is nothing wrong with the srx, it just doesn't seem right to take a perfectly good sled, one that was very popular, and stop making it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.