Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did yamaha dump the srx too soon??? all the talk about this  rx 1 and no #s?
hers some facts.
rev 600 ho 3 days old  5.67 on 500' grass!!!!
stock!!
i think skidoo didnt do much talk but sure is walking the walk!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yes the REV is definitly proving them selfs.  

However Bombardier likes to sell with design and performance well as most japanise manufactors sell with marketing stratagy.  It really means nothing.  THere just waiting for the main event (Haydays)

But i think HAYDAYs is a yamaha biased event.  Everyyear the srx wins there but in the real world the srx cant touch a 800 triple.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Now I'm really confused... zzzzzz is that a premptive strike?? Everyone has been saying "wait until haydays" that was going to be the first real coming out party for the RX1. Now even IF it does well is everyone going to say it is a "Yamaha biased event" ? Why is it that no matter what is said or happens it seems that the RX1 isn't going to satisfy the majority of the naysayers? When the weight was made official and was true to Yamaha's claims there were a few that still didn't believe it and those that did started on the HP or the suspension or whatever else they could think of. Those who dislike and/or distrust Yamaha will never except the sled no matter how it performs. All the negative comments about the RX1 from everyone are like getting charged with murder on the front page of the newspaper and when your proven innocent or your accusers are proven wrong they retract it on the last page of the leisure section. No one ever sees it and no one is held accountable for it.
I guess I should just call my dealer and cancel my order. I'm sure all the Yammi haters must be right.................
...............................NOT................................

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I never cared or belive anything from haydays.  To me it is a yamaha biased event where the machines are tuned to a level that IMO should not be classed as stock.

The perfomance of the RX-1 will be obvious when the real world one hits the snow on our fair trail systems and local drags and radar runs.  

Even if the RX-1 sucks at haydays i will still not judge my opinion untill i see and drive one and race my Mach.  

Like I said before. My neighour bought one and im gonna get a few wheel hours.   I will tell you all about it.

But screw haydays, its just a big advertizment event.

·
Registered
731 Posts
4STROKER, we all have to understand how some people think and how hard it must be for them to go to sleep at night thinking other brands are out just to deceive you, and the biggest grass race in the world is rigged, and all the magazines lie, most dynos are broke...
But what has them wound up is they almost fell for it, but special people can see through the smoke and mirrors.

Also some are still very unhappy with Yamaha over the Viper they do not own, poor ride, down on power...
Well it must be true because thats what they read in the magazines that lie with the broke dynos.

Last edited by toydoc at Sep. 04, 2002, 7:00pm

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hey folger, with the facts on the
"rev 600 ho 3 days old  5.67 on 500' grass!!!!"

would you post a link to the grass drag race this was at?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Yeah, can we see where those were taken at and show us how many rockets rockets it took to get that low of a speed?  Only joking.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have to agree with my bro on this one toydoc.  If you truly belive that magazines give you the %100 truth and you belive that Haydays is the best way to judge a sled drag race then you are the blinded one.

And what are you talking about with the viper.  Yamaha claimed it would beat a srx in the first half of a drag race.  Well ive seen a srx beat it from start to finish and not only that but ive also seen a 600 twin beat it in a drag so i dont know where yamaha and the Magazines were coming from but obvously not from the tracks.

Magazine companys have to run a buissness, writers write what yamaha and other brands want them to write.  They are all petrified of pissing off a manufactor which may not cooperate with them in the future.  

As for Haydays.  Well so far the stock factory machines that run there are far from performing like the sled you and i would pick up from the dealer.

I suggest you stop this hidden critizem against my bro.  As crazy and blind he appears to be he has allways backed up what he talks about.  Ive seen his mach rip apart srx's, XCR'S and T'Cats.  And ive never seen one of his sleds ever break down.  Im not brand loyal to anything, I drive what i get and when i go to buy a sled one day it could be anything, but its very easy to see where he gets this loyalty.

YOu sound very bitter towards SKIDOO.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Hay Days is Yamaha biased? I think not. In the five years the SRX 700 has ran in Stock B class, it's only won three times. In the last ten years, Yamaha has only had two really good showings at Hay Days. 1991 when the V-Max 4 was introduced and 1998 when Ingrid Nelson switched to Yamaha. Hay Days Yamaha biased, check the results over time, it's not.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Lets review  this together:

"If you truly believe that magazines give you the %100 truth and you believe that Haydays is the best way to judge a sled drag race then you are the blinded one."

Most riders (myself included) view magazines as an informational source based on the opinions of the people that had the chance the ride the sled (of any brand). Do I think it 100% truth? No, and I don't see where I posted that. It's a persons opinion, that's all I think it is. As for Haydays, his quote was "But I think HAYDAYs is a yamaha biased event." Do you think ski doo would show up to race if they didn't think it was even and fair event? With all the money the 4 manufactures put in their race program and bring to that race, NO! They would raise such a stink you would not hear the end of it but if Yamaha wins anything it must be a biased event.

" And what are you talking about with the viper. Yamaha claimed it would beat a srx in the first half of a drag race. Well ive seen a srx beat it from start to finish and not only that but ive also seen a 600 twin beat it in a drag so i dont know where yamaha and the Magazines were coming from but obvously not from the tracks."

I have never seen that ad but I'd like to read it if you can find it. The ads I can find say "from one bump champ to another" didn't say anything about racing ANY other sled. But wait.. I see a FULL two page ad (10&11) about ski doos mxz800 "more horsepower..first to finish...least weight" ??  Many of the 800's didn't perform well and some problems. I didn't see doozzzzz posting all over the doo forum about his unhappiness with ski doo and the LIE they put in the advertisement. But he made sure he was in the Yamaha forum all last winter letting us know what HE thought of the Viper and now I see it starting with the RX-1.

"Magazine companys have to run a buissness, writers write what yamaha and other brands want them to write. They are all petrified of pissing off a manufactor which may not cooperate with them in the future."

So we agree, ALL brands have a amount of "fluff" and we all know it, not a big deal. No one wants or needs "fluff updates", don't care and it doesn't help the forums. This hole post is a excellent example of this, fluff about another sled and a dig at the sled form the forum your in. That's BS and I should have deleted the post as soon showed up.

"As for Haydays. Well so far the stock factory machines that run there are far from performing like the sled you and i would pick up from the dealer".

Haydays will show you what a sled can run in 500' in 70+deg temps on grass. I don't think their clutching/gearing would be a good all around dealer set up.

"I suggest you stop this hidden critizem against my bro. As crazy and blind he appears to be he has allways backed up what he talks about. Ive seen his mach rip apart srx's, XCR'S and T'Cats. And ive never seen one of his sleds ever break down. Im not brand loyal to anything, I drive what i get and when i go to buy a sled one day it could be anything, but its very easy to see where he gets this loyalty."

I did't know I was hiding it, my criticism was pretty clear as was his, "However Bombardier likes to sell with design and performance well as most Japanese manufactures sell with marketing strategy. It really means nothing." What bigger design than the RX-1 has anyone done? The REV is cross between Yamaha 80's Sno-Scoot & Phazer with a big twin, what's new? We have a "real world race" here this weekend. How about you two bring that sled that rips apart everything it races to the MSDRA event this weekend? It's not far from the bridge just past Port Huron, I will pay your entry fee! Plus the pay out is very good.

"YOu sound very bitter towards SKIDOO."

I don't think I'm bitter to any brand but I also don't sit around the camp fire thanking bombardier for making the Big Red Ball of Fire come up every morning ether.  

Last edited by toydoc at Sep. 05, 2002, 1:30pm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excellent post toydoc... you clearly and factually addressed all the points that these two were trying to make. Of course you actually had the "real story" to back up what you said. Unfortunetly as I stated before it really doesn't matter what anyone tells these people, they will believe what supports thier point of view (regardless of its validity). They hate Yamaha corp and Yamaha technology, I have surfed over all these forum sites and see the same thing over and over. No matter what the facts are they continually try to "bash" Yammi on all the Yammi sites, no matter how much truth or facts are thrown at them they choose to constantly see the glass as half empty instead of half full.
Your especially right about the Viper, most of the people that have been putting it down have never even owned one. They are going by what a FEW dissatisfied customers have posted or said. The bottom line is the viper was (is) an excellent sled. Was it perfect when it came out...no, but few are. Minor mods and some updates and it is as good as any sled out there. Maybe not better than but as good as.
If the RX1 keeps backing up all the supposed Yammi "hype" as it has so far most of these people will become suprisingly quiet. Will it be the best of the best and the fastest of the fastest, maybe, maybe not, time will tell. But I won't second guess my purchase nor will I second guess my chosen Mfg.
I don't expect my RX1 to be perfect, nobody can make the "perfect" sled, every rider is a different size and we all have different riding styles and different terrains we like to tackle. I do know that Yammi and my dealer will stand behind it like they always have in the past and thats good enough for me. Maybe I'm just too simple to know any better but I've been pretty lucky so far.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (4STROKER @ Sep. 04, 2002, 4:53pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When the weight was made official and was true to Yamaha's claims there were a few that still didn't believe it and those that did started on the HP or the suspension or whatever else they could think of.[/b][/quote]
Has the weight of the RX1 been made official as of this date?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.