Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Racers are reporting that they have recieved their RX-1's!  By all accounts, they look Great!  Now, lets see how they run.  Reports will be flowing in shortly.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Well, I think that now that people have theirs, A lot of the skeptics will be quiet, which is good.  

When are you expecting yours?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Well if people have received them it is a little too quiet on here, don't you think? What do they really end up weighing, for stock class race legal? Or can't anyone lift them to get them weighed? Just kidding, I hope less than 560 lbs. but am quite skeptical...........

·
Registered
138 Posts
I heard they are being weighed in at 600+lbs. This is oil and coolant. No gas though.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Im very curious to know the weight of these beasts. The only reason that I didn't buy one this year is because they couldn't give me a dry weight. If anyone finds out for sure, please post it here!

Good luck to all who ordered one, you have more guts than I.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Yes, the racers have their RX-1's. Those of you expecting them to be within 5% of the weight  of an SRX, they're not. It's more like around 10%. I didn't get an exact number but what M10rules said was pretty much the same answer I got. I have actually seen it (not in race trim yet) and they go OK, but not earth-shattering (full on clutching and lowering will make a big difference). Appearantly, Yamaha has some complex break-in procedures they want the racers to follow and with the testing that will need to be done for this model, they probably won't be racing them until early August.  

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ulmer racing received theirs and are racing it today, will post results as soon as I get them.

They weighed theirs in at 602lbs with two gallons of fuel, so should be about 650lbs full of fuel or about 25lbs heavier then my srx filled up, about what I expected.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just clarifying how I came up with my percentages. I compared the advertised weight of the SRX against the apprx. weight (from a reliable source) of the RX-1. If you use the ISR filed weight of the SRX, then you will probably be about 5% difference. My mistake for using advertised weight.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts