Snowmobile World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thats a little better, should get a couple more after break inhttp://simonscprcom.readyhosting.com/RX-1%20Info/RX1%20Dyno%20Sheet.htm

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So the most was 142.1 at the crank.

A few people on this forum are talking like the RX-1 will beat a MachZ. I just dont know how that is possible since the Mach is slightly lighter and makes more power.

http://www.aerocharger.com/zhpaa.gif' border='0' width='400' height='336.42857142857' alt='user posted image'>

However 142.1 is a pretty good achevment on yamahas part using a 4 stroke. However it did require an other cylinder... :D

·
Registered
287 Posts
Let it go, give it a break, this is all just bull-#### bench racing anyways. There will always be another faster sled, even faster than the Machzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

don't make me buy an RX-1, put a supercharger or nitros on it and drive all the way over there, wherever you are, and spank you. I just haven't got the money to spend!!!!!!!!

Why don't you go to the Arctic Cat forum and tell them what a screaming tiger there 45 HP 4 stroke is? or is the real dyno reading 25 HP?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I would think its an honor that riders are comparing legendary sleds like the MachZ to the RX-1.

When you got:

The hottest thing on snow.

Sled of the year.

and quotes from yamaha like

Nothing else even comes close: From its hellaciously powerful, R1-derived Genesis Extreme engine to its aggressive, all-new Deltabox chassis, independent wishbone front suspension and wind-cheating bodywork, the RX-1 is hands-down the most cutting-edge high-performance snowmobile the industry has ever seen.

People are going to talk about it. Now if you cant handle people talking about a sled on a internet snowmobile forum. I would suggest you dont log in until you can stomach it..

Oh and look at the dyno graph on the chart above. 325HP on a MachZ with Turbo and Race Gas. You better have a small pulley and big injectors.

Its all in fun... :)

·
Registered
731 Posts
FYI: Quote after stock RX-1 dyno pull, from the same dyno the machz graph above.
"Though our peak HP was less than expected, torque/ HP
at low revs was very high in sled terms. So high, in fact, that our dyno absorption unit could not hold the engine below 5000 RPM! Two-cycle sled engines are "off the pipe" at clutch engagement, meaning without the supercharging effect of the tuned pipes helping at low revs, even 1000cc sled engines are like overgrown chainsaw engines, and can be easily controlled on our dyno at 3-4000 rpm, WOT."

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Slighty heavier, more HP at the crank with less HP at the track is the Mach Z compared to the RX-1 Machzzzz1.

The more I read the more I think the RX-1 will perform like this;
Lose out of the hole and real em :hallo9:

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
HAHAHA. Nice use of the halloween smilies.

I think traction on a RX-1 and a Mach can be taken care of with proper suspention and enought studs.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Looks like the Rx-1 should be in the 700 class with the ponies and torque curves. Not bad for a four stroker, certainly ahead of the other 4 strokers. If it weren't for the F-7 it may beat alot of 700 twins. If it weighed what they do it would be no contest.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Once again I am going to bring up the consistency issue. The RX-1, because its a four stroke, will always be close to 140 horses whether on the dyno or on the trail. On the trail two strokes aren't even close to what the dyno says because they aren't as consistant. Keep this in mind and suddenly it becomes a little more reasonable to say that is will be a decent performer. As far as beating the mach z goes I don't know but the mach z isn't much more power with much less consistency so maybe they will be close in trail form. The problem is that the weight of the RX-1 may hold it back, but then again the torque may help out in that area.

·
Registered
25 Posts
raced an f-7 last weelend in 500ft.on grass w/ my rx1 no studs,he got us out of the hole by 1 sled and that is how we finished,now before we had this race we red lighted,me and f-7 backed off and said screw it we wanted each other,so we hit it togeather and finished the race way past 500ft dead even,and the f-7 was very quick,now we lined up again,this time w/ the mxz800 that did not red light and we both got smoked,the ski doo jumped off the line,had us both by two,still good heads up racing,every one couldent believe the rx1 was that fast after what they have heard about being toilets at hay days,just goes to show ya w/ some proper break in it sure helps,my rx1 has 254 miles on it now ,a little clutch work and gear and wheel kit works wonders,now if i had studs i could come off the line,ill have to work on that. :hallo2:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
You spent 8 grand and no studs, what are you waiting for? You never put studs on, but you had time to spin 254 miles? You raced someone that way? Why do people want to lose, I cannever figure people like that out. Show up prepared! You may have won every time, it is a lot more fun for a couple $200.00 U.S. Sorry I like to see a sled do what it can do right away. ???

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sharky please lets us all know what you ride and what your set up is, since you seem to have an opinion on everything??? :blahblah:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well sharky,i chose not to install my studs until i had at least 300 miles on her,no.1 reason every time i have gone out early and ran studded you will overstretch the track,now that may not bother you, but i dont have the extra cash to throw around this year i spent $ 8,500 on my sled and the remainder will be spent on other mods,sense i already have 192 studs if i want to install,#### iam having to much fun playing w/ these guys unstudded anyway,keep them guessing how quick it could be if studded hard.
Now if i was serious about racing,like i have been for the past 25 years or so i would be very serious sharky,so serious we could bet pinks on it, she would be ready to rock and roll.
My point is well taken when ya look at the .912 track on my 01xc800sp it is junk cause i raced it hard all summer of 01 and trail road it hard the next 11/2 winters cause we only had a half a winter last year around here in maine. :hallo2:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes,I have an opinion on a lot of things. I get tired of people who have the unstudded excuse around here. Most people with push thru studs never hurt there tracks, with common sense and track tension adjustment you should be broke in at 600 miles on your track for sure. It is only when you understud that problems really start showing up.Actually I wanted the Rx-1 to massacre the flimsy F-7. Just do it! I am not bashing you snow beast or hauler.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SHARKEY YOU NEVER ANSWERED MU QUESTION, WHAT SLED DO YOU RUN??????? :withstupid:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts