Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is copied from Amsnow. I hope his dyno is off because this would be real bad for Yamaha!!!!!!!!!!

Local Yamaha dealer got in RX1 to set up for grass dragging in Central Ontario. Observations

Beautiful fit and finish except below
Storage box in front of engine with tools on top ala Cat and below looks like indents for two beers plenty of space.
Conical track, don''t know why they did not go with paddle track.
The front bumper is a total joke as you could not lift a kitty cat with it. This one already had stress cracks from dealer just moving it by bumper.
Sounds really sweet.

According to dealer hp on dyno no where near spring estimates. Supposedly even Bender after a few messages cannot get over 140 hp.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
140 HP, 610LB.  Shaping up to be a real Skandic LT EH Mighty RX-1  

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
A conical track has round shaped lugs. They suck off trail and even on most trails. They are great for smooth groomed trails. Most trsil sled get them from cat I know.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Thanks Caleb.  As far as you go machzzzz1, why do you seem so concerned with the RX-1  
You can slice it and dice it anyway you want but it's still lighter than the MachZ.  Better balanced and am betting it has a way better suspension especially up front. The CK-3 simply sucks and there is way too much weight in the nose.  Not to mention no travel in the front.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
MightyRX-1,
     Like I've been saying, He secretly wanted one. Remember that mysterious"friend " that he has who bought one that he can "borrow anytime? You can come out of the closet Machzzzz1 or will it be RX1111?  

Caleb

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
HEHEHE.

Well maybe after driving my friends this winter will I get a better opinion.  

The only reason that skidoo has made the nose of the Ck3 so heavy is so it would bite the corners as it goes into them hard.

Yamaha RX-1 is competition so it will be killed (CK3)

Good luck guys I hope your happy with it..

·
Registered
660 Posts
Just my opinion, but the CK3 is a real delight on trails.

Good weight distribution, feels real stable.

I don't know why people knock it, it's a great ride for aggressive trail running.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
apparently my 99 wasn't setup correctly then because it sure did suck.  The funny thing is that I didn't realize how bad it was until I rode my buddies mxzx.  Can you say night and Day?That was the last trip I made with my Mach.  I sold it the very next week.  After exaustive research I ordered a RX-1ER.  I figured that if the #### thing was gonna be heavier than the Mach, I needed reverse, funny how the RX-1 ended up being lighter than the mach. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pro Ski-doo.  If the RX-1 isn't nearly what I'm expecting I can see myself on a DI mxzX down the road. But not the REV.  I refuse to put my ### on something that Ugly.  I'm ugly enough.

PS, a guy on american snow is reporting that he for the first time got a chance to check out the RX-1 up close.  He lifted the front  and couldn't believe how light it was. After reading all the RX-1ton crap, he figured he'd blow out his back, not.  He commented on how far back the engine was placed to the rider and also thought there might be a problem with ski-lift because it was so light.

PSS, what color did you get Machz1111

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
What are you saying that i sold my soal to the devil and bought a yamaha.  

I think not.  I think my buddies is blue, I dont know.  He's talking like its the best thing in the world.  Naw.  CK3 is still the way to got.  Best looking out of all the sleds IMO.

As for CK3 ride VS ZX. Well i have them both and i prefure the CK3 for long rides.  

As for the weight.  Trust me 610LB dry.  I lift my Mach Z out of the snow and on to a trailer i know what 583 LB feels like.  The RX-1 besides what the guy from AMSNOW said is just as heavy or heavier.  AMSNOW is just a place were the manufactors can pay for commercials.  Those test riders are the lowest form of life, they go around trying to kill them selfs.  And ive seen the pictures of all the rider and none of them could lift the front of a 400+ sled let alone a 600LB.  

Nope sorry to disapoint, but if they still sell 2 strokes, why by a less efficent power maker 4 stroke.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
It wasn't an american snow writer that said that about the RX-1, it was a guy like you and me posting on a thread.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
mighty,
  Don't keep this track on your sled if you plan on hitting any powder or off groomed trails snow. Conicals suck in these situations. A 1' finger or paddle type track is what you'll want. And conical tracks can be studded the same as normal tracks.
caleb

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is it possible the conical lugs are to help reduce track stress/cracking/tearing with all that low end torque.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I really will be happy when the snow flies and this #### thing is put to sleep. Put the hype away and see where the cards fall.

It will be heavy. No one denies that. It will have good power, no one denies that. It will be the 1st year for the product, and they always have problems 1st year, no one denies that. (I owned a 98 CK3, I know how that goes).

Heavy does not mean bad, in my book. As long as it's a trail sled, it doesn't hurt all that much. I had a 95 FIII 600, it weighed  like 580 lbs. It handled great though. Yes. My 500 lb ZX is easier to ride, but it doesn't carve like a C7 sled.

I just want to see the hype fall away and the truth be known. The 583 lb. weight is the official ISR weight, and to corrispond this, the 97 ZRT600 in 565 pls to the same book, and the Tcat is 580 lbs (i think) to the same book. This is a weight as is. As is to be raced. So it might as well be dry with about 1 gal of fuel in it.

We do not have long. haydays and hastings is around the corner.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (800MXZ @ Aug. 12, 2002, 7:52pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We do not have long. haydays and hastings is around the corner.[/b][/quote]
When the green flag drops, the BS stops

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Yeah, but then Mighty and Machzzz will have to find something new to argue about.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
We'll know how the RX-1 is set up if the forums are inundated with RX-1 owners trying to get their sleds running or handling right

1 - 20 of 33 Posts