·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that the rx1 has the same carbs as my
suzuki Dr 350s or pritty close to it

Well a dr350s  is the street vershion of  the dr350

The only diference is the carb.  

The dirt carb is a pumper carb  a lot  more responsive.

Also  the stock carb is easily modified  to increase response  

probubly pull so hard you would break the belts.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I just saw an atv mag with a turbo kit for the 400ex and the raptor. It doubled there horsepower on both machines with stock motors other than stiffer  valve springs on the 400 ex. I'll be getting the turbo for my RX-1ER Limited. It'll be one heck of a machine then.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I spoke with a tech at Aerocharger today. Thay will have a turbo kit for the RX-1 come fall. It will be in the 200 hp range on pump gas but with a load of race fuel,ie Turbo Blue the wastegate screw can be turned up and up to 300 plus wild horses will run free.
  He stated that the turbo will be the only real way to make that kind of sustained power do to the valve train not being able to withstand the extended time at 10,800 rpms. The bike boys have found this out the hard way. He said the stock motor will love the turbo but big numbers will require dished pistons which they will provide. They are also going to work on a liquide to air inter-cooler to keep detonation in check.And we'll also need a four spider clutch arm as the stocker can't take the power. The kit will be around $4,000 U.S.  He said the R-1's ti valves will be a great addition also, as will Ti valve springs. I'm pumped and ready to rock.
Caleb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts