Snowmobile World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the report from the Canadian Snow Goer.

(Quote) We had a chance to run a prototype RX1 against both an SRX and a MXZ800 provided by Yamaha, and found the results revealing. Against the SRX, the RX1 would rocket in front out of the hole and then steadily creep away, eventually reaching a best 122 mph after one mile. Against the Ski-doo, the RX1 would again jump out in front (all sleds were studded), only to have the MXZ claw back and move in front. But then the RX1 returned the favour and pulled slightly ahead, before the two topped out pretty much dead-even.

Roll-ons against the SRX at both 50 mph and 70 mph were no contest: the RX1 left the two-stroke triple in its snow dust.(Unquote)

No mention of roll-ons against the MXZ. Not as dominate as was previously posted.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
So I dont think i need to worry on my Mach for topend.  

However it sounds like this think will pull your arms out of your sockets in the hole shot.  I have so much trouble keeping my mach hooked up how on earth are you RX-1 guys going to do it.

I got to try one!!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Machzzzz1,
    You can try mine after I beat you. So it might take a while. Hopefully by X-mas.
 I know I'll have the Expert-X rear skid and the Ohlins fromt shocks. But I'm up in arms about the motor. To force it or not to, that is the question.
  I'm definetly going to watch MXZ900 tweak that extra motor. It'sw going to be a fun season next year. But quite expensive also I'm sure. But we must pay play, and pay even more to play with the big boys!

Caleb

·
Registered
756 Posts
My sled will be "stock", isn't that what everyone says?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What does the Rx-1 engine in picture weigh? As seen? The Rx-1 should turn 122 in just over a quarter mile, not a full mile. Srx's stock class turn 118 in a quarter mile. There is a lot of differences in setups. Obviously the Rx-1 is not a pooch anyways!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I have outran just about every stock MXZ 800 I have ever raced on my SRX. Although I am not completely stock (clutch kit, predator, transfer rods). But the same goes for my buddy who rides a 00 SRX who is stock (we usually race together). Although that is subjective because the 800 kills us off of the line and then we catch them in the top end. It takes a pretty long stretch for us to catch them so that limits us. So how could the RX-1 beat the SRX like its nothing, but run "dead even" with the MXZ? Sounds like ski-doo is pitching a little cash towards some anti-RX-1 plugging.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll dig up the Snow Goer Email address & I'll post it for anyone who wants toinquire about the "comparison"

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Who cares what skidoo is pitching.  There not even comparing it with there fastest machine.  

RX-1 is going to be fast and powerful.  Thats all anyone can be sure of for now.  Magazines are always wrong when it comes to speed and performance and the only real way to tell is it rip one up the lake for yourself.  

So till someones got one in the back of there truck lets not compaire sleds using other sleds that are no longer even made.  

The SRX (Now a classic or antique) Just joke  
 makes its speed totally diffrent then the RX-1 will so compairing them is just wrong.  

For now all you can do is hope and wait.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those of you who want to email the magazine directly, the email address is : [email protected]

·
Registered
442 Posts
we'll just have to see how these RX-1's do when the production models roll out i'm sure there will be some dissappointed rx-1 riders out there when they get blown away off the line with 800's and 900's i guess the production models are only going to engage at about 2500 rpm and i have heard the demo's that the mags have been riding have been engaging at about 4500 rpm but we will just have to see since many times the early builds are all ringers (accident? i think not)

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
A perfect example of what could happen is what happend to me when I bought my yamaha grissly 600 a few years ago.

Magazines were making tests on it saying it hit 65mph.  THey said it could pull wheelies from a stand still and spin the tires into oblivion.

So i bought it.  

The production models where nothing like the test model the mags had.  Mine would only do about 95km if you really tried.  It could not pull wheelies from a stand still and spinning the tires is only in mud of gravle.

Yamaha really pulled a lot of life out of this bike.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Please tell me machzzzz1 that you didn't buy a grizzly to pull wheelies and go fast........................But I do know what you're talking about, I bought a John Deer Lawn tractor a few years back because of what I read about it and am dissapointed with the top end.  My neighbor blows right by me on his simplicity.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I bought a grissly for hunting.  I dont care if it pops wheelies or not but im just saying the mags said it could and it cant no matter what.  

It will however do a nice wheelie if you going up hill or hit a little bump to start you off.

No for wheelies i got a banshee and am going to buy a DS650 Baja.  

ALso I got a cub cadet with a v-twin briggs and stratton. Does the job but its got guttless top end.  My neighours got a craftsman from the 70's that thing hauls and also pulls wheelies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts