Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it aint a Cougar, but it's pretty sharp looking anyways.... I wonder how much one of these goes for on Long Island hehe :p

Attachments

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Hey those were nice pics, thanks for posting them.

Shows you what kind of a winter we had last year. Tip up Town, and green grass.

FishHog

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
I wish I could have seen that one in person. Cutaways ROCK!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah it was pretty cool. They had the cutaway chassis there and the pre production sled in the other pics. I was there for about 20 minutes looking at it, and in that time they must have started that sled up about 15 times, revved it up and shut it down... then a couple of minutes later, some guy would come by and say "start it up.. I wanna hear that baby run"

The pics came out a little dark when I uploaded them... they were origionally 470K, so I had to make them smaller to put on the web.. If you save them to your hard drive and use an image progam to lighten them up a little, you can really see into the cutaway areas alot better.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
one thing is bothering me, what does it sound like ? is it a 2 stroke sound or is it more like the 4 stroke quads ? a real heavy, deep sound ?

Really nice pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me it sounds just like a street bike. Definately not a two stroke sound, and different than a four stroke quad. Granted they had the belt off of it so that they could rev it up without having the track on a stand, and having the track spin with everyone around it, but it sounded snappy and quick to rev... like I said, really similar to a crotch rocket. I cant wait to see one on the snow in person... maybe I can convince someone to let me take one for a spin, too :D

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Sounds like a big outboard motor revving out of the water just muffled. Or just like a street bike.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
If you close your eyes and have your buddy rev it up you'll swear it's a street bike :inlove:

·
Registered
756 Posts
When i went to the Yamaha show I was think of buying an RX1, after seeing the prototypes & the cutaway especially the cutaway that was the final straw to make me want to try this sled. It sounds just like a big displacement street bike.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I went their with zero intention of buying anything other than a Doo. I guess you can see by my screename that I was also impressed with it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts