Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1992 polaris RXL. It's in nice shape. Couple situations i'd like some help with..... however... everyone always says to check the battery....the battery in mine is fine....holds 12.5 volts and load tested ok.

OK HERE GOES:
Sled starts easily...however....... most times you cannot rev it up at all unless you wait about 2 minutes....this seems excessive.......

also.... most times after shutting down and restarting later (with warm engine) it seems that its flooded. It will usually kick right in and start but won't rev up at all and bogs. To remedy, I unplug the fuel pump connector, run it until it dies (not long at all), then plug it back in and start it up and it runs fine. :cussing:

Any resolutions you can think of?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I don't know whats causing the behavior but when I start my 91 RXL I have to give half throttle or it won't ever rev up (I don't remember waiting 2 minutes though).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmmm.... seems like a lot of rxl's have this rev up problem...... once it finally revs up it'll run fine and have mad balls....... until you shut it off that is and have to fight it to rev up that first time again

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I almost bought an RXL last year as it was dirt cheap. I have found most owners have bought the $25-35 small battery tender. The reason being is that the sled only chargers with rpms. so the battery can become drained easily, and especially if it sits. It's cheap insurance to know it'll start every time you go out there. If it saved one battery it payed for itself.
Caleb

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh, yet another battery post...haha

well for sure my battery is good.

owh and I have a $160 charger that is capable of the same function this battery tender you speak of is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts