Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know these sleds weren't always bullet proof, but i own one and it has been one of the best sleds ever to me.  just got done redoin it all.....new fox shocks, pistons, track, and the list goes on.  i figure this was the sled that changed our sport.  after all, this was one of the first sleds with EFI.  But like i said this is a wondeful sled with tons or power. very fast and can run with the new sleds on the triails.  i just wondered what ur guy's impressions were of this sled.
  thanx a lot

·
Registered
87 Posts
my friend still has his old '91 as a spare and loaner sled. It gets beat like a bad dog constantly. dam thing has good get up and go(after he put a good track on it that got some traction). it will sit for months in the rain,snow..., and if the battery is good, it will start on 2nd or third pull EVERY TIME!  oh, and that nice triple has that sweet SRX bender sound too.
  my Bud just can't let it go, it will stay until someone steals it...  again !  but that's another story.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah..i love the sound it makes!! it has to one of the best sounds in the world!!  just to hear that low rumble.  this sled starts on almost the 2nd or 1st pull everytime.  it has to be one of the best sleds i have ever owned....i wish there was a better way to build it up more....pipes are outta the question, and costs too much to bore.....but this puppy hauls just the way it is!!
goin ridin this weekend....hope to have fun w/ all 650 cc's!!! lata

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I know a guy that converted his to carbs and installed Decker pipes on his and that thing hauls the mail better than ever I have seen him whopup on some 700s and piped ultras.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had one of the proto type 1990, 92, 93 SKS and a 95.

Liked them all from the ease of starting to smooth throttle response.

Had one that ate plugs and one that the box went out on but Polaris replaced that. Also had 1 that the ground cable came loose on twice at the motor.

Biggest complaint I had was if the battery got under 10.7 volts. you weren't going any where.

Sold the last one (95) 2 years ago for $2500. US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts