• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hahaha, I'm almost tied between the MXZ and the Formula Z, but I'd go with the Formula Z

·
Registered
795 Posts
I never had a MXZ in the s- chassis, only in the ZX & Rev. I realy like the s-chassis & I think the MXZ with the 670 would be awesome. I had a 99 Formula Z 670 & I wish I still had that sled.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I said the Formula becuase my freind had a 99 Formula Z 583 Absolutley loved that sled. Also another friend of mine has the 99 Formula DLX 670 and I love it!!!. Such a nice ride and gotta love that 670 Rotary valve motor Bullet proof damn near.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Displacement wise, nothing pulls like an S-chassis with 670 HO when it gets on the pipe

[attachment=39383:670_perf.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hey TD... your the 670 guru around here huh? You have any parts? I posted some things on the wanted thread... maybe you have something I could get to help me keep up with my dads HO... Or a trick or 2... I got the shorty boots and I want to buy the PSI single pipe for now. I found the carbontech 169RV in dennis kirk for $45. What have you heard about the PSI pipe? I keep hearing to stay with the stocker..... Thanx ~ Ben

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
Displacement wise, nothing pulls like an S-chassis with 670 HO when it gets on the pipe

[attachment=39383:670_perf.jpg][/b]
and for one year we got away with running it in the 600-699 class and 700-799 class dooing grass. :thumbsup: what a ride

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Hey TD... your the 670 guru around here huh? You have any parts? I posted some things on the wanted thread... maybe you have something I could get to help me keep up with my dads HO... Or a trick or 2... I got the shorty boots and I want to buy the PSI single pipe for now. I found the carbontech 169RV in dennis kirk for $45. What have you heard about the PSI pipe? I keep hearing to stay with the stocker..... Thanx ~ Ben[/b]
Don't waste your money on an after-market pipe for a 670. Bombardier didn't leave very much on the table in that area. The best is the 98~99 Summit X or 1999 MXz 670 HO pipe for all around useage. This is with the heavy "suitcase" muffler. Twin pipes tend to score pistons due to rapid heat build up. Take your replacement y-pipe and shorten it 13MM. Cut right behind the ball connection to the spring perches then relocate the perches 13MM back (to wards the jugs). Shorten the rotary valve cover 20MM and machine a new pair of spigot grooves in it. Taper the inlet side of the cover starting at 44MM going down to 42MM at the valve. Taper the tunnel ports from 42MM at the R/V surface to 50MM inside the crankcase. Use the 164 R/V plate (better accelleration) timed a @ 144 - 72 degrees instead of the 169 (optimized for oval ported twin pipe equipped 1994~95 Mach 1). Adjust combustion chamber volume to 19CC and set ignition timing to 2.18MM (.086") BTDC

[attachment=39387:Cylinder_notch.jpg]

Notch the rears of the cylinders like this.

[attachment=39388:HO_case_entry.jpg]

Open the tunnel entries like this

[attachment=39389:HO_tunnel_close_up.jpg]

Carry the tunnels through to the cylinder notches like this and bevel the intake bowls 9MM and machine the cylinder intake ducts to match

[attachment=39390:R_V_covers.jpg]

Modify R/V cover like the R/H one

[attachment=39391:exhaust_polished.jpg]

Clean flow and polish the exhaust ports like this

Then run it on 91 RON & MON octane fuel and you should be good for a reliable 130 HP... did I miss anything?

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
DAMN! I think that was the holy grail of all answers!!! I believe you got it pretty covered. I'll be busy for a couple days on this one. Good thing my brother has a HAAS TM-2 in the garage. w00t

Anybody know where I can find a nice stocker pipe? Mine is filled with rot holes from the heat shielding... :slick:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Also,

Get rid of those heavy steel reinforced skis and install some light weight plastic ones. If you can't boost the power, shave some excess weight. The flexible plastic skis add more travel & compliance to your front suspension.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I never had a MXZ in the s- chassis, only in the ZX & Rev. I realy like the s-chassis & I think the MXZ with the 670 would be awesome. I had a 99 Formula Z 670 & I wish I still had that sled.[/b]

Huh???

Attachments

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
DAMN! I think that was the holy grail of all answers!!! I believe you got it pretty covered. I'll be busy for a couple days on this one. Good thing my brother has a HAAS TM-2 in the garage. w00t

Anybody know where I can find a nice stocker pipe? Mine is filled with rot holes from the heat shielding... :slick:[/b]
There's a y-pipe and expansion chamber on Ebay for under $100.00 so far.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
yeah I have a set of flex skis in the garage.... also I found a like new y pipe for .99 cents off a summit... just 4 more days to go.

Thanx for your help TD!!!!!! I'm lovin' the info man :)

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
After those mods you will need to clutch for 7550 to 7800 RPM. Thats where the curve starts, peaks and drops off. Don't over rev a 670 with centre dump pipe as the power falls off rapidly after 8000 RPM. Gear to load the engine down. Gearing up (numerically Lower)will equal track spin and over rev.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
After those mods you will need to clutch for 7550 to 7800 RPM. Thats where the curve starts, peaks and drops off. Don't over rev a 670 with centre dump pipe as the power falls off rapidly after 8000 RPM. Gear to load the engine down. Gearing up (numerically Lower)will equal track spin and over rev.[/b]
make sure you have the tach checked and recalibrated. many showed 200 rpm more than they actually had.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Still have my MXz 670 too. Can't find another machine that is all heart like this one. Never lets another trail sled show its tail lights.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts