Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you do it...and does the ZX windshiled fit on your S hood?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Rocketman, I dont know about the xz, but a windshield and head lamp assembly from a ck-3 will fit with very little mods.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so do you have to cut the cowling around the single headlight to make room for the dual? How is it all fastened down?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info AK...but we can't post links to competeing sites on the forums...next time do it in a PM. Thanks

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would only consider it if I get an 809 engine inside. The 800 triple should have enough juice to power two lights properly.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Now thats a good idea Rocketman, you will have the big engine might as well have the big headlight to, you will need it at warp speed!!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
EXACTLY
Not as dumb as I look! err sound!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Rocketman the Rotary 500 - 670 all have enough power for dual bulbs.  

But i dont know how you can do the conversion and make it look clean.  But why dont you keep the single bulb and just get a really strong bulb thats twice the power of the original stock bulb like the ZENON 130/90watt or 100/80watt  

Zenon has a much more intence light and will probably satisfy your lighting needs.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Machzzzz1...I have a 100/80 bulb in right now...but was looking to extend the scope of the beam with a twin bulb system.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've had both and the zx double is far better.I tried several bulbs on my 98 and nothing comes close to the double.As for the 809,use a single pipe.The torque monster baby.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am also very interested in this post but I am more interested in how to get more wattage to run the dual lights.  I have already checked out the rest of the conversion and it should be easy.  The CK3 windshield and headlight assy can be mounted with only minor modifcations and it looks like it was done by the factory.  I have seen one sled done this way. My concern is not having the power to run the twin bulbs.  Yes, the 500 to 670 engines will run the bulbs but they dim down severely when not running at high RPMs.  Also, handlebar heater and thumb warmers suffer.  I have even though about running an additional, external  generator some how to add just a few more watts of power.  It could probably be mounted to run of the jackshaft, or maybe some other location.  Ahy ideas?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
isn't there some way of getting a bigger magneto in there?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
You definately wouldn't want to run a alternator or a gen, as they will rob huge power from your engine.One of those units full fielded can't be turned by hand and in my rough estimates would take apprx. 10-15 hp to turn at times.I've got my thinkin hat on for the stronger mag idea but it's not really needed as most riding is done in the 4500rpm and up range.

·
Registered
33 Posts
We mounted one in a 99 670 toni H edition and it works great but the lighting coil cannot keep up when idleing also thinks it robs from ignition used a pod from a 98 mach1 and epoxed it to look factory

1 - 16 of 16 Posts