Snowmobile World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my sled studded and the dealer put in sabers instead of Woody's. Told me that he was warrentied by them. I have a 02 MXZ 600 w/144 studs in a V-pattern with angle backs. Is this a good setup or should I get the Woody's? He also told me if I bent or broke a stud (for as long as I own the sled) he'll write it up and replace them at no cost.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Junk in my opinion. Had sabers in the sled I bought last year, and I had to replace about 35 of them over the winter for the tip coming off. Went with Woody golddiggers this year.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Saber's arn't worth the price of scrap metal!!!!! :cussing:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
My dealer was all high on the new ones last season. So of coarse I put them on. 120 down the middle on my 02 700. After 1200 miles about 30 need replacing. The tips were broke off. Took the sled in and dealer said that was normal wear,no warranty. I will never buy Sabers again.

I think it was MightyMach (now Mighty RX-1) that told me last year that the Sabers sucked,he was right,I should have listened. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: JUNK!!!!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you go with woody's use the Mega Bites instead of Gold Diggers. The Megas are almost 2 grams lighter than Golds per stud. Thats in the 1.325 lenght.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I put 192 sabers in my 800 and within 800 miles they were all missing tips and looked like they had 5000 hard miles. their service dept. told me to take a [email protected]@@[email protected] much for warranty and customer service.Replaced them with woodys and 3500 miles later only replaced 15 :cussing:

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I would go with Woodys studs and be sure to use their backers for best performance/longevity. Depending on your sled stick with studding down the center.
Rick.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It's funny how everyone has the same problem with Sabers tips!
When you ask "what's up" they reply, sir, you are the first to complain about this!!!!! JOKERS! GET OUT OF TOWN YOU CLOWNS!

·
Registered
496 Posts
That warranty is so dumb you have to show them a broken stud ,well its gone now and how do you get the bet ones off.They use it to sell it to you.We are getting smarter :sarcasm:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Think i'll send a link from this thread to Saber's sales dept...then maybe they'll understand why their sales are sagging...

·
Registered
168 Posts
This will be my 3rd year on the SAME set of woody's they are looking a little worn but they are definatley good for one more year, A buddy of mine in MN swears up and down by Penetraters (made by II Stroke Pilot, Inc.) they are out of Prior Lake, MN good prices too from what I hear //// I will try these next year.

·
Registered
90 Posts
here i will add my thoughts on saber studs i went fishing last week and i used just one it worked great i caught a fish those things are the best sinkers i have ever used and if anyone see this that works for the saber co. your stuff really sucks
i hope i did not brake any rules by using such bad language i wont do it again but i had the absolute worst expierence with that co. :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing:

·
Registered
524 Posts
I sold saber studs( thousands of them) for a few years and had good luck, but in 2000/2001 they went to the dogs!! Ill never use their studs again.They dont want to hear about failures and basically tell the customers( and dealers) to get lost. I like the runners, Ive used saber 8" magnums and never had to replace runners on any sled Ive owned after installing them. Disclaimer: I do buy a new sled every 2 seasons. For studs, Im going with fastrac top gun II's this yr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You guys are nuts...all I hear about from you is how bad saber is. But funny thing you never hear anything bad about woody's or roetin or anything? Sounds to me like a bunch of over paid woody employees playing "innocent saber customers" and complaining---just trying to peddle their own garbage. Also I never hear about saber studs being bent or broken...just tips coming gettign knocked off...well hell I had that happen to studs I had too but to tell the truth I couldn't tell any difference in traction...so what are you guys talking about? Oh saber is junk? Why because customer service won't take your word that you broke a stud and won't just sent you a new set up free of charge? People they're in business too you know...and most of the time even if they do bend over backwards for you you still won't be happy so just take your lies somewhere else. I never had trouble dealing with saber if you kept a level head and didn't complain about something they can't control.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.