Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had ankle surgury acouple days ago so now Im off work for a few months . I did this now so I could still ride this winter. I broke some bone off in my ankle and I dont know when it happened ! Work says I probably did it snowmobiling :blahblah: I told them it probably happen cus of work . I made sure everything is ready for this winter , washed, grease and ran them. Now I cant wait to get this damn cast off. :cussing: so I can walk the snow show.

So I was wondering what anybody else has done so they could ride or made sure they had a season ?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I really haven't given up anything to ride. But I almost was going to miss out on the 2008 SW ride. Due to my truck having $3000 worth of work done to it. :bash: But I still have weekends to ride. w00t

·
Registered
593 Posts
work hard all summer to pay for the sport, and so I can have time off to ride in the winter, around school.

·
Registered
361 Posts
i gave up my entire summer may-september this year to go through my instestinal surgeries so i could be healthy for november! my surgeon wanted to know why i chose the summer instead of the winter and i said only one thing...snowmobiling!

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
i gave up my entire summer may-september this year to go through my instestinal surgeries so i could be healthy for november! my surgeon wanted to know why i chose the summer instead of the winter and i said only one thing...snowmobiling![/b]
GOOD CHOICE. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I had fusion surgery on my neck a couple years ago, and the first question I asked was will I be able to ride this year. That was in August. Man it sucked walking around in 90+ heat with a neck brace on. But man, riding was never better that winter.

·
Registered
258 Posts
lol...well trying to save our sleds we sold my bfs truck he had for 11 years, an army truck he was going to use to plow well sites to make xtra cash, and used all of my last years taxes on riding that winter thats $1,400 worth of gas, gear, food, and oil.....but i payed the big price for that in the end i lost them....STUPID!!!!! :withstupid: .....sad part is my bf gave up a paid for 2003 polaris pro x and i gave up a sled and trailer that would have been paid off next year to get those sleds and now we have none......so lesson here.....get more than one credit card for your sledding habit....lol..just kidding.....no...i guess know your limit or you could loose it all!!!... :(

·
Registered
602 Posts
" What Have I Given Up To Ride?

one answer comes to mind.......

WOMEN!
they are to expensive and take up all my extra time. lol

·
Registered
629 Posts
Retirement!!! Oh wait that was already taken away from me by our over taxing government and not have a job that has a pension plan good choice I made getting in to technology, not that I am bitter. :p

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts

WOMEN!
they are to expensive and take up all my extra time. lol[/b]
Nah ! You just need to find one that like to RIDE ! :D

I have not scheduled any surgery's or anything like that to be able to ride, however i have given up every bit of vacation time so that I have ample day's to ride my sled in the winter. :thumbsup:

I have given up the opportunity to go on a free cruise with my parents because I wanted to go ride instead.

I gave up a traditional wedding ( willingly) to have a snomowbile wedding instead. :thumbsup:

Snow4

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
<<<Nah ! You just need to find one that like to RIDE ! >>>

Agreed. Didn't consider/figure that out first time around! This time though........
She was willing to learn, I was willing to make the time, have the patience to teach. So far, so good! It's working out well. She came off doing about 30mph in a corner, got right back on - and never said a word until I mentioned I caught the whole thing in my rear view.....
It's nice having a riding pertner ready and willing when you are!

As far as sacrifice, I look at it more on the order of priorities. I don't have a brand new car or truck, the biggest house, or the fanciest clothes, but I do ride.......

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nah ! You just need to find one that like to RIDE ! :D

True that !

If it werent for my wife there would have been many times i would have nobody to go with. It sucks sometimes getting older . Everybodies lives get more complicated , house, wife ,kids, work . I sometimes miss being younger having no real cares but how I was getting up north to ride. Sleeping in the truck cuse you couldnt afford room, skippin work cuse you did really owe anybody anything , having ten guys in one room to save money , party till 3am ride at7am . good times :thumbsup:

Not to say they still dont happen just few and far between and more comfortable

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts

WOMEN!
they are to expensive and take up all my extra time. lol[/b]
I was coming in here to post " my wife" LOL

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think this my have caused my problem on this landing 13 years ago. :eek:hmy:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I was coming in here to post " my wife" LOL[/b]
Same here, well just during the winter months I guess :tongue:

·
Registered
42 Posts
For the last 7 years I had a job that committed me to weekends.
I lost alot of fun riding times due to that :bash:

Hubby is on the road 5 days a week now and only home on weekends.
I quit my job!! :D

This means I'm ready to ride when he is :thumbsup:

·
Registered
335 Posts
... Well, I save both weeks of vacation to ride in the winter... No summer vacation.. Work likes it that way because everyone else wants summer vacation times.. Not me.. I'm not going to waste vaca time sweating on some beach..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts