Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1992 Safari GLX 2 up for me and my wife. I got it real cheap, not in that bad of shape but it has a bad motor. Back of the seat is ripped. Windshield is cracked and the hood has a couple small cracks. I wanna rebuild the motor it is a 462 liquid. I wanna strip the hood and fix the cracks and then repaint it. I checked with a couple doo dealers and they told me new hood decals, a seat cover and windshield are all discontinued. I need some help with these parts. I could find a aftermarket shield but decals and seat cover could be tough. ANyone know where i could get these parts? I plan on fixing this sled up. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
don't bother with decals

seat cover that a toughy as the GLX had a funky seat with back rest pins coming out of it

an upolster(sp?) shop might help you

or find a seat off a 93-94 Safari Rally

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a two up seat. I had a few different people put seat covers on for me before and no one can do as good of a job as the factory did unless you give them a factory seat cover then it looks good. I am looking for original parts here. I enjoy hunting for them to. I use to have a 80 JD Liquifire and restored it, it was fun hunting for NOS parts. When i got them it was very rewarding. It does boggle me that doo discontinued safari parts.

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Try some snowmobile recycling places such as JT's here in Ontario

1-800-465-5668

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried Jts and he wasnt sure if he had one. I had a guy told me if i go with a bigger carb it will gain me top end hp. is this true? I got leads on other parts that i posted about earlier. I do need though BADLEY is an oil tank for this. I looked on ebay, internet, called numerous slavage yards and no one has one. Doo discontinued it. Anyone have a list of salvage yards that might have something like that? There has to be one out there somewhere. I want an original one, one guy told me to cobble some other one on it. i dont work or do things like that. Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts