Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about how much it would cost to get two snowmobile skis sandblasted? Also, about how much would it cost to get the swingarms sandblasted?
Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah, i was gonna say ill do them for basically free, i could possibly get them powdercoated for free too. I sandblasted my own skis and get them powder coated also, they look awesome.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
The sandblasting i did on my own at my house. It was half sandblast and half grinder.

My dad works at summit/modar. (summit bought modar) Its summit powdercoatings. He works at the metal shop, the powdercoating line is just at the other side of the shop. He can get anything he wants at just about anysize powder coated, and they have many different types of powder coatings also.

http://www.manta.com/coms2/dnbcompany_0l8r3p

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
OH-BOY!! this could open the door ... Ummm I have a truck load of stuff to be powdercoated :tounge::devil: . How much can your dad get away with? lol

Just kidding , I actually have a guy here by me that does powdercoating if I need it. Im am going to try to stick with the paint thing to save some $$ for the winter , besides what else is there to do in the summer? I've had pretty good luck painting things and have it hold up , but do'nt tell snow4 whats in the oven:devil::wink:

mutt

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im in Connecticut, are any of you guys close to me?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Sorry to say that the 4 of us live in Michigan. If your willing to send your parts over. I'm sure that they can get it done. I wouldn't charge anything, But Someone11 would be able to get them powder coated as well. If not, check around your local factories or shops. Those places usually have a sand blaster.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah, like snow prowler said, check your local metal shops, i know some metal shops are a powdercoater also, and if they have a powdercoater they may have a sandblaster.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the offers but considering what the cost would be for shipping two metal snowmobile skis, I think I'll just sand them myself. But does anyone know approximately what the cost would be to sandblast two skis? Because if it's relatively cheap I think I'd get it done because they don't look like they'd be too much fun to sand.

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
It shouldn't cost that much. Theres not much to it. I could be wrong. but I'm guessing it should be around $25.00. just for sand blasting. Depending on where you go. Powder coating would be a different price. Good luck, and let us know the turn out of your skis.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok thanks for the info. If its only 25 or 30 for 2 skis I think I'll go with sandblasting cause I'm pretty tired of sanding my snowmobile parts and the skis look they would be the hardest thing yet. I doubt I'll go with the powder coat cause I'd rather spray paint it myself and spend the extra money on something else. It may be a while before I get them sand blasted but in the meantime I'll post pictures of what the rest of the parts look like now.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Im not sure if i would paint them with a spray can, your probably gonna be suprised at how short the paint lasts on the skis. Just a forwarning.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the warning. I would guess that your right about the spray paint not being too durable on the skis but I think I'm gonna go with it anyways just because I don't wanna spend a lot of money on getting them powder coated. If it wares off within a year I'll probably get them powder coated the next time

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is a totally different topic but I forgot how to post a new thread. If anyone could remind me how, that would be great. My new problem is that gas is dripping out of air intake on the Tillotson carb of my 1972 Olympique. I just got this sled for 40 bucks off of ebay and I rebuilt the carb and it runs now but gas drips out of the air intake on the carb. If anyone has any idea what the problem would be and you know how to fix it that would be great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts