Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I have searched this and am not coming up woth anything really specific. I do understand that this is an isue inherent of the chassis but is there any help? I have a 98 MXZ 670 with a 1.5 track and the AD Boivin ETS kit. I weight 225 and have the ACM all the way tight, the rear spring set on the second notch and the preload on the upper springs on the second setting as well. I leave the front springs on the second setting unless i get off trail to aid in leaning it over. When I am on the trail I get quite a bit of ski lift coming through corners. I just want any ideas of how to alleviate some of it. A friend suggested tightening the strap a notch or two to see if that helps put mre ski pressure on and help the track spin a bit more. Any ideas guys?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Less ski spring preload will let the stabilizer bar work better......doesn't sound right, but it sure works.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going to look in the racing manual but isn't there an adjustment on the sway bar?

·
Registered
852 Posts
with you sitting on it take the slack out of the limit straps. this works..but there are some drawbacks. try it and you make the call.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Longer/new ski carbides help a lot... makes the sled a little more free in the corner which helps keep the skis planted. Try it, you'll like it.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Ski Lift !!!.. I thought they were supposed to go around corners on one ski !... On a serious note Chris, bring the limiter strap 2 holes and reduce your front ski coil spring pressure and let the anti sway bar transfer the force of the outside ski to the inside. Make sure your carbides are sharp and at least 6". The S-chassis requires a bit more body english than ZX and Rev models but once tuned in their a beast to contend with. Changing the front spring to 120lb units helps a lot too.

Good Luck,

T.D.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have 6 inch newer carbides and do notice the difference with them for sure. Now as for the strap, do I lift it so there are two holes showing or two hole past the bar?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Man, I love ski lift. Makes the carbides last that much longer lol. Really, I am one who loves lift, but been riding thast way fro 15 years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts