Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just swapped the sc10 suspension out of my 99 mxz 600 and put in a sc10 III suspension the new suspension is all hooked up and ready to ride on but it is pretty stiff for me being that i only way about 150 lbs. I get on the sled and the suspension doesnt even move. Does any one have any suggestions as what i can do to adjust it to soften it up

·
Registered
19 Posts
my brother made the same swap on his 99. its really hard to compress and oddly when going down the trail if he hits a big enough bump the entire suspension folds up and wont come down....untill we find a dead tree limb or something to pry it down with.....something isnt right on his...let me know how yours works out.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I installed an SC10 III last season and I only weigh 20 pounds more than you and mine rides like a dream..... make sure you have the springs on their weakest setting.... also, maybe move the top of the back shock to the other hole that's there.... that might help you a bit?...Good luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried adjusting everything possible and its still stiff. Im wondering if i should look for lighter springs or if I should just let it be untill we get more snow.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made sure nothings binding and nothing was. The suspension moves a little bit when I get on but it just seems stiffer than the sc10 suspension that was in the sled. But I dont have any riding time on a sled with the sc10 III skid so I cant compare this suspension with any other sc10 III suspenion

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
That set up to be correct has to sag 3" - 4" when you sit on the sled and the coupling blocks should be floating in the middle between the rubbers. Try inspecting the springs for colour code and post them here. Maybe someone put "Big Guy" springs on the skid. Let's start there.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
The center to center measurements are not the same that is why its binding you need 24 inches center to center for the SC10III the SC10 and SC10II are 24.75 inches.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
After you drill those new holes and get the correct center to center distance it will ride like a dream :christmas:

·
Registered
1 Posts
i installed a SC10III suspension on my 1996 Formula Z, there is no need for drilling new mount holes, take the shaft out of the top tube of the old suspension that is located above your front shock, and be sure to grease it well and slide it into the top tube of the SC10III, the holes will line up perfectly, but make sure that you put an equal amount of washers on each side of that top shaft inside the tunnel, otherwise it will have alot of side to side play in the front of the skid, I know why your suspension won't move DeerHunter88; i dealt with the same problem and i only weigh 135 pounds, in order to fix the problem you need to take out the 2 top guide wheels that are located up in your tunnel and quide the top of your track, you will see the bolts holding these wheels if you look on the outside of the tunnel in the middle section, after removing these guide wheels, your track will be looser, be sure to adjust it, when you lift the back suspension of the sled off the ground, the track should hang about an inch down from the slides in the middle section of the skid let me know if it works out for you, if you have any other questions on the new suspension, let me know and i can help you out. Thanks, Formula Fast

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just swapped the sc10 suspension out of my 99 mxz 600 and put in a sc10 III suspension the new suspension is all hooked up and ready to ride on but it is pretty stiff for me being that i only way about 150 lbs. I get on the sled and the suspension doesnt even move. Does any one have any suggestions as what i can do to adjust it to soften it up
Hey man, I realize this post is 100 years old but I now have this same problem. What solved the issue. Please help. TIA

·
Registered
1 Posts
i installed a SC10III suspension on my 1996 Formula Z, there is no need for drilling new mount holes, take the shaft out of the top tube of the old suspension that is located above your front shock, and be sure to grease it well and slide it into the top tube of the SC10III, the holes will line up perfectly, but make sure that you put an equal amount of washers on each side of that top shaft inside the tunnel, otherwise it will have alot of side to side play in the front of the skid, I know why your suspension won't move DeerHunter88; i dealt with the same problem and i only weigh 135 pounds, in order to fix the problem you need to take out the 2 top guide wheels that are located up in your tunnel and quide the top of your track, you will see the bolts holding these wheels if you look on the outside of the tunnel in the middle section, after removing these guide wheels, your track will be looser, be sure to adjust it, when you lift the back suspension of the sled off the ground, the track should hang about an inch down from the slides in the middle section of the skid let me know if it works out for you, if you have any other questions on the new suspension, let me know and i can help you out. Thanks, Formula Fast
Just wondering why you had to swap out the front shaft

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did that same swap in my 97 mxz 670 and it works awesome.The skid bolts in The same holes for the front of it but rear holes need to be drilled 3/4 of an inch forward. Once you bolt the front of it in Then to bolt in the rear you need to compress the rear of skid down to bolt it in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey man, I realize this post is 100 years old but I now have this same problem. What solved the issue. Please help. TIA
I did that same swap in my 97 mxz 670 and it works awesome.The skid bolts in The same holes for the front of it but rear holes need to be drilled 3/4 of an inch forward. Once you bolt the front of it in Then to bolt in the rear you need to compress the rear of skid down to bolt it in.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts