Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has feedback on the new 2003 Scandic SUV, widetrack, 600. Thinking seriously about purchasing one. Any feedback, good or bad?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I know of three people who bought them this year and all of them are very very satisfied for the type of riding they do.

They really liked the ride of the SUV with the trailing arm sus. and the fact that everything is fairly tucked up and out of the way of obstructions.

Any more info needed and I will just ask them the specifics.

Hope this helps some.

Gootch

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think Paul Yarek owns one of these models? Any advice Paul..........?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is the breakin period for the SUV controlled by the MPEM module. Some people tell me that after the 10 hour breakin period the timing will change 2 degrees. Others tell me that I have to ride slow or 1/2 throtle for the first 10 hours.

What is it?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I will find out today for you. But I do believe it is 8 hours.

The guys using them around here for the last 2 months have had zero problems, they mainly use them right now in huge prairies hunting buffalo's. So they have been definetly using them at more than half throttle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gootch, have you found out if the breakin period is 8 or 10 hours controlled by the on board computer or do you have to break it in manually.

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
It's eight hours, controlled by the MPEM (electronically).

One customer said that after 220 miles, it was like it woke up.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Unless it is different for the Skandic, I have been led to understand the chip burns out after 4 hours of engine operation. ???

·
Registered
4 Posts
gootch, thanks for the info. this is exactly what I was looking for.

For some reason I couldn't get a straight answer from the ski-doo dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts