Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:doh: Hi aLL: a just started this restoration and am unsure of how to remove the front bogie wheel bar where it mounts to the tunnel. It has what looks like a steel cap going into the bar with a 9/16 nut to "adjust"? the sideways position. i can turn the nut but the cap does not move. What do i do? Also the drive sprocket , how do I remove, bolts are out on both drive case and right side of tunnel but how to remove is confusing....... I am new at this can you help. Thanks Jack

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a ?72? scorpion stinger III about 10 years back, and i stripped her for parts.....

Cant remember about the bogies, but the chaincase should slide straight off the shaft once all the bolts are removed. I think mine was a real bugger to get apart if I remember right..... Been so long!

Just make sure all the bolts are removed from the chaincase, and get a prybar between it and the tunnel and give it a good heave.

I'm not much help I'm sure!

Terry.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For the bogie wheel shart removal make sure that the nut on the opposite side of the tunnel is not spinning. If so put a wrench on it and it should loosen up. Have fun!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts