Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a link showing some pics of the new Scorpion t/t 800 Bull whip @ roughly 440 lbs.? Some diffrent sizes too, pretty cool.

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
I doubt the scorpion will ever return... man i miss that TK-440 i had.... dads old pass me down and i never blew that one up

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats funny..............I actually found the link by mistake, haha, my bad. the link i think was snowconnection.com/features/articles/scorpions/index.htm

·
Registered
269 Posts
I thought they did come back about two years ago but built an over priced sled that nobody could afford...well at least nobody wanted to spend that much dough on anyway... ???

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yeah, they did come back for a couple years, but never took off. I saw a used one for sale last year. I think it was a 1999 or 2000. Looked nice, but nothing special.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Originally posted by roostr33@Nov 8 2002, 03:46 AM
I found a link showing some pics of the new Scorpion t/t 800 Bull whip @ roughly 440 lbs.? Some diffrent sizes too, pretty cool.
Actually, the one proto that I saw was over 600 lbs and had some styling issues. Too bad they couldn't make it work for them, the Scorpion name brand still has a lot of equity behind it, lirk Excelsior-Henderson in the bike industry.

-Rob

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
they did make a comeback, i haven't heard if they are still at it and the sled looked great. i can see from a few of these little fingerling manufacturers that the big 4 are taking the same shape at the drawing board and bringing it to our dealers.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
There is one for sale#2 of like 15 made in our classifieds or another sites. It's the tk 890 ,he wants like 8 or 9 k obo.
Caleb

·
Registered
524 Posts
Yea they made 17 of them, Junk IMO, I teched one to run at our grass drags, welds looked like they were done by kids. I found out from the dealer that had it there that the guy who was building them ran out of capital and actually had to finish those first 17 sleds himself and he even delivered them to the dealers himself. It performed OK but $16k worth. The guy I talked to had 2 of them and never sold either one.

·
Registered
138 Posts
All the investers pulled out and left John Mitchell hanging. He made it for another year or 2 after that but it just cost to much. THey were actually very nice sleds. Have a friend that has one of the prototypes. Plus he had a Scorpion engine in his Cat Mod sled at one time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts