Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Went out to start my 600 SDI Renegade today and no go.
Would kinda start and the beeper kept going and battery light flashed, so my guess was dead battery. Is there any way to get a SDI started when the battery goes dead? Mine is electric start so doesn't have a capacitor. I tried recharging it so should I get a new battery or trust this one and get left on the trail somewhere?

Any one have any tips

Pudmxz

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
For the low price of a new battery, I wouldn't be taking the chance on that one... that is unless you don't mind the inconvenience of having to be towed home if it fails while you're out on a ride.

When was the last time the sled ran enough to charge the battery?

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
What year is the sled?

Last winter after starting issues in northern Ontario in -30*C weather I swapped out the 3 relays in the fuse box of my '04 600 SDI. This was a problem w/ a lot of SDI sleds last winter. The sleds would start after you warmed up the relays. I'd never had a starting issue before.

I'm wondering if the relays have reached the end of their service life?

Get the relays @ Crappy Tire or a auto parts store. Around 6 bucks each I think. The BRP price is stupid. Not sure of the part number. Maybe someone else knows it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
If your sled is an 04, then I would update the whole battery compartment with the battery. My brother has an 04 SDI and mine's an 05. My battery is probably 2 1/2 times larger. The 04 one was/is PUNY!! They fit in the same battery holder though, just my brothers is 65% foam. I would definetly look into updating that for no worries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts