Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the other topic and i thought i would also pose a question.  

I wanted to know how the seat cover looks and feels after its installed.  

Does it rinkle or crease, because in the pictures they look like there part of the seat, looks very tight.

Also how easy are they to install.  Do they have to be stitched in or are they just held on.  And do they ever fall of when your riding.

If they do fall of when your riding i would not even bother.  Over the years of sledding i never saw a cover on a sled or one installed.  I am very intrested in getting on because my mach seat is taking a beating.

Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
The seat cover is actually a replacement for the one you have already.You actually take yours off completely and re-staple the new one on,they dont fall off.They are o.e.m. equipment(the same as what you got on there now) and they look and feel exactly the same.
Aftermarket ones are made out a lower quallity (or different,I should say)material (usually) sometimes they fit good ,sometimes they dont! (thats aftermarket for ya though)

·
Registered
963 Posts
i  just got mine for my rev and it looks like it's an add on. From the looks of it, it seems like it has an elastic straps or something that goes under the original seat or something. I will check on that tomorow at work.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh so the seat is just the stirofoam and the cover is the black vinal that goes around it.  And a replacement seat cover is the whole vinal thing so when changing it you have to take the seat off?

·
Registered
230 Posts
maqchzzzz1 : you got it.its the whole vynel part.You take your seat off....2 bolts underneath,in the back,unplug your brakelight wires,remove the seat,remove your tail light,turn the seat over,pop out the staples,put the new one on,restaple,etc. its not too hard,but for the pre-97 mach's the re[lacement cover is $235 from bombardier ...yikes!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK thanks.  Thats what im gonna need in a year or two because my seat is taking a beating.  I wore boots that got the metel clips on it an every now and then when climing on my sled i caught the seat.  I tore a small hole in it.  So this sounds like what i need.

Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts