Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seat letters are coming off of my seat.My sled is an 02 mxz 700 with 2070kms on it,I have only cleaned the seat with bombardier cleaner.Why are the letters coming off?Have any of you guys had this happen?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Stop using the cleaner and use armor all.  Any strong cleaner will take of the lettering.  It may say its ok for vinal but its not good for the lettering.  

Are your letters white or yellow.  If there white im sure you can find a paint or product to fix it up, yellow might be a bit more difficult.

·
Registered
692 Posts
armor all ?? the last time i checked or looked or think the seat will be slick no? i dont think i would put anythink slick on my seat!  my kinda lady rode the letters off you seat  

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The letters are yellow and the whole sticker seems to be coming off.Its not like its wearing off

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used armorall on the seat of the red sub and it was way to slippery.I ride up on the tank cause im only 140lbs and I kept slipping back.I know they are only letters and it does not hinder the performance of my ride but its brand new and now the seat is starting to look scabby.Maybe I should just take them off and have an sw sticker there

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
you better have a good grip on thoes handdles if you use armorall on the seat ! way to slippery, i use tire cleaner, gives you a goos shine, does not harm the letters and you can get the new one at canadian tire that comes in diffrent colors. But they don have yellow yet

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I'de check with the dealer as well.I put armour all only on my 01 mxz 800 and with 4000km and my not so skinny 240lbs arse on it all the lettering on the seat looks like new.Those mxz seats are real sticky to start with so armour all doesn't make it any worse than a normal seat.The worst seat for being sticky was my 98 mxz 670.I'de bring a bottle of armour all and a rag with me riding just so i could slide around a bit on the seat.

·
Registered
664 Posts
My buddies 02 mxz 700 is doing the exact same thing, Only he didn't clean it with anything. He got back from his first trip with it and the letters were bubbling.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I know this will not work on every thing but it has worked for me before.

spray a light coat of clear paint over the stickers..

make shure every thing is clean first and room temp needs to be above
60 deg for best results.

test this out before going to town some clear paints have to much
solvent in them and can do damage .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts