Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search, and found there should be 2 10mm nuts on the rear of the sled. On my sled, i have two 10mm bolts instead of nuts, and they seem to just spin. Im thinking of cutting the heads off. How hard would it be to recover the seat, concidering i need to do this anyway and put new studs in the old ones place?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
If your seat needs to be recovered then there's a good chance that the plywood bottom of your seat is rotted out thus allowing the bolt to spin around.

If you're going to repair the seat anyway, then go ahead and cut the bolts. Once you get the remaining bolt portion to release from the tunnel, then you'll need to lift up slightly on the rear of the seat and slide the front part to the rear or the front. I can't remember which way. Then you'll need to unplug the tail light wire and you should be good to go.

Good luck and let us know how you made out.

Jeff

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i got the seat off, you were right i need to make a new seat pan, also the tank strap was broke so i guess ill make a new one of those too. Is there a better choice of wood to use for the seat other than the particle board stuff they use. I was thinking of marine grade mdf if they make it in mdf, or plywood. I noticed my gas gauge wasnt working, so i took it out of the tank and put a ohm meter on it. There was no ohms going through the gauge so does anyone know how to fix these or where to get a new one?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If you need to recover the seat, Travelcade makes a pretty good cover. Their available from Royal (if the stupid web catalogue is working) best to call their 1 800 number. The seat base can be fabricated from 1/2" plywood. Don't forget to round over the corners and upper edges or they"ll cut through the vinyl. The rear bolts can be welded on to a steel strap (width of the seat holes) and held in place with sheet metal push nuts under the seat base.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts