Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am restoring my 1977 elan and it all complet but is in need of a new seat mice got to this one. I been keeping my eye on ebay but no such luck on a seat only a cover its way to much for it and iwould still need the foam.
Any one in canada have one they wan to sell os is there any place i the net i could get one.

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I am restoring my 1977 elan and it all complet but is in need of a new seat mice got to this one. I been keeping my eye on ebay but no such luck on a seat only a cover its way to much for it and iwould still need the foam.
Any one in canada have one they wan to sell os is there any place i the net i could get one.[/b]
You could try a local ulpolstery shop that does car interiors. They should be able to help you out .
Those old sleds basicly are simple to re-cover ( not like todays sleds with all the contors around the tank and such),just wrap the cover over the foam and staple to the wood bottom.
I've also seen kits in the aftermarket catalogs(dennis kirk) which might be cheaper than finding a factory seat. I would check out the local shop though first , just might get a little more bling(thicker foam, seat texture and shape) from them for the same price as the aftermarket kit .

mutt

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
When I refurbished my Elan, the plywood base had gotten soft @ the edges. The cover was intact, but shrunken slightly, the foam was OK. Using the old base as a template, I made a new base out of 1/2" plywood.

I had a auto trim business make a new cover & they stapled it to the plywood. It looks just like the original.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a seat made for my elan guys looks sharp. My friend gave me a seat from a mz 470 and i cut the the foam to the size i needed and the shape i wanted, just waitin on my cover to be made only cost me 40 bucks total.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts