Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to find the angle or angles of the following helix. It is from an 07 MXZ Adrenaline 500SS. The Ski-Doo part number is 417 126 574. Dealer wants $147 for one but says he can get an aftermarket one cheaper if I know the angle of the cam.

He looked in the 07 Racing Manual but it wasn't listed.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If you look on the back side of your helix it's stamped on there( # in a circle). I have a 05 ss adr and it has a straight 44*in it . Check with goodwin performance , if your going to buy one . They can match you up for what you need .
The SS is clutched well from the factory but with goodwin dynoing all there kits im sure they found some tweaks to improve it. It just might be a pin wt change and a degree or two differance in the helix angle . SO far I havent had a chance to look into it myself for mine . But I know goodwin's kits really made a differance on my old sled . Whats really cool is goodwin gives you all the info in there kits to set your clutch at(clickers and stiff) for peak performance on that clutch since it was dynoed.

mutt

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
If you look on the back side of your helix it's stamped on there( # in a circle). I have a 05 ss adr and it has a straight 44*in it . Check with goodwin performance , if your going to buy one . They can match you up for what you need .
The SS is clutched well from the factory but with goodwin dynoing all there kits im sure they found some tweaks to improve it. It just might be a pin wt change and a degree or two differance in the helix angle . SO far I havent had a chance to look into it myself for mine . But I know goodwin's kits really made a differance on my old sled . Whats really cool is goodwin gives you all the info in there kits to set your clutch at(clickers and stiff) for peak performance on that clutch since it was dynoed.

mutt[/b]
Rick,

A lot of times with BRP cams the number stamp is the helix angle but on certain sleds the number only refers to the cam starting angle on a multi angle cut. Case in point, I was fooled by a Mach cam which had #50 stamped on it but was actualy a 50-46. Just an FYI sorry for the hijack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts