Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to remove the buttons on the secondary clutch?  I know a tool is available, but I was wondering what other people use.  Also how long should the buttons last?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I found that if you stick a scratch awl or something like that into the side of the button and lift them out, they come out pretty easy and doesn't damage the button surface.  All depends on lubrication and riding style as far as life of buttons.  If they look like they have a flat spot over the whole surface, you should probably change them.  You don't want to wear them down too far, or you might start wearing on your helix.  Oops, b.t.d.t.  

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can usually pull the buttons out with some pliers after you take the secondary apart. If not, on some Polaris clutches you can take the back plate off and punch them out from the inside with a srew driver. You don't always need to change the buttons because they only where on one side, you can turn them to the other side and then change them the next time.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Easiest way I have found is with a transmission pick, or a small scribe. They will pop right out. For the price of them I would just replace them not rotate them because once they start to wear it may be uneven if you try to twist them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
,drill a hole in button.use a small screw in the hole and pull button out.works every time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts