Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Can someone share with me the performance differences they experienced using a skidoo beige spring vs. a skidoo white spring?

To the best of my knowledge, the skidoo white spring is the stiffest spring skidoo makes.  I am running an HO with the stock biege, and I am thinking of trying a white one.

The sled has allot of top end and pulls great in the mid-range,  I would like to "wake it up" a little more when comming out of the hole.  I'm wondering if running the white spring at about 17 to 18 lbs would do this for me...

does anybody have any experince with this?
thanks

·
Registered
858 Posts
Doomaster, just curious, what is your current setup? Due to the lack of snow we had this year, I didn't have time to clutch my sled since I had it modified  
 It's not even jetted properly because I was waiting for cold temps (-20 C) to doo so.

·
Registered
668 Posts
AC - What Mods did you do?

here is my current SNOW clutch setup using a 1.5 paddle track, and a 24 tooth top sprocket:

Primary:
stock spring
stock ramps
18.2 grams, (arms reballanced&#33

clicker on 1
-067 belt

Secondary:
43/40 black ice
biege spring
A6

This setup gives me an engagement of about 4200-4300.  With the suspension setup for drag, it gets great hookup, and good top end.   The only bug in the system is after the hook-up and before the mid range pulling starts!  I feel it needs to wake up a little sooner before the midrange starts to pull hard.  It's like it has a small delay before the mid-range pulling begins.

I'm thinking a little more side pressure from a stiffer secondary spring might help?

anybody have any ideas?
thanks

·
Registered
858 Posts
skidoomaster, I have a regular 670 w/ 42.5 carbs, ported, 0.060 head, gutted air box, 501 RV, shorty boots, y pipe mod, timming redone, 25/44 gears, 1.18 full lug track, original clutch setup helix 50, sec. at 19 pounds, clicker at 5, 286 ramps. I have part of Cudney's clutch kit on except for primary spring which bumps engagement to 5000, I was waiting to doo a break in befor installing it. I will probably try your setup since my 670 is now performing like an HO and probably even a bit more. What's your top speed with that setup ? How much do you weigh if you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Krusty, I was thinking of trying that, but i talked myself out of it because i didn't want the extra weight to bring down my engagement.  The sled engages at 4200-4300.  I think it used to engage at 4500?  I'm starting to think that maybe my primary spring is going bad.  I think i might get a new 200/290 and see if that fixes the problem..  Have you ever had a primary spring go bad?  If so, how long to they usually last?

AC- I weigh in at about 170ish..  As for top speed?  Not exactly sure.  Ripping across the lake it breaks 100 no problem. and that is with a 1/5 paddle!  
About a month ago i did a 1/4 mile radar run.  I had a bad clutch setup and i still ran 75 mph.

AC- Since you are comparing your mods to my performance, I should tell you that I am trail-ported with a thinker base gasket.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Load that mother! They love it. With no track spin and light pin up front, it will slip the belt in the primary and suck the belt into the secondary. Once it is forced into a higher ratio by the slip, it then has to back shift momentarily, thus giving you the hesitation. Don't be afraid to load the pin and go above clicker three.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a 670 that had trail porting,thick base gasket,and a cut head.The Y pipe was shortened and a different rotary plate.I just enlarged the holes in the airbox and used AA3 tubes with 280/320 jets.I ran 26/44 or 26/43 gearing depending on the conditions.I used a 240/320 primary with 280 ramps on 3 with a 52/48 helix in B1 with a beige spring.The engagement was about 4800.The track had 192 studs and was a 912 lug height.This worked very well for 1000ft to 1500ft,and would suprise a lot of big triples.On radar it ran 109mph to a Z that was stock that ran 113mph on snow in 1500ft.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts