Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone tried the YL/BK titanium secondary spring(#486104000).I have went through 2white and 1 beige in 1500 miles.Was thinking of trying the titanium on my 2001 mxz800.It wont be cheap but i have already forked out for 2 springs plus the original.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am finding that after a few hundred miles all the paint is being rubbed off the inner coils of the spring because of binding,also one of the springs broke after 250 miles.I was just thinking a titanium might hold up better.Any other ideas?I set the tension anywhere from 15-20lbs.Could the ski-doo roller secondary i use have anything to do with this?I understand the new rer secondary has cured the binding associated with the older style secondary on the 800 twin.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I've had more luck with the white spring than the beige.The beige is in the bottom drawer of the tool box and i have a funny feeling it's gonna stay in there.I'm still running the white spring that came with the sled and it has around 4500km on it and appears to be in good condition.It's almost like there were two different white springs because i've heard of others complaing of the same thing headgasket.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Check the Ski-doo bulletin page. Some '01 800s have a problem with the secondary spring binding. If you were buying the parts from the dealer you bought the sled from, you'd have thought a light should have gone off in their head and had you bring the sled in for a fix.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted what i am running on 01 mxz set up.Got the titanium spring and i will let you guys know what happens after this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts