Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
I dunno.

Looks like an old style kitty cat, ripped the hood of and painted it red, ripped the handle off a snow float tacked it on, and did not know what to do with the throttle.

How fast and how light and a famous sponser would determine if this product will sell.

·
Registered
443 Posts
looks awesome

·
Registered
903 Posts
Looks like it would get old real quick. I'm not saying I wouldn't try it if I had the opportunity, but it looks a little slow.

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
Too slow is exactly what I said in the survey. And, uh, where's the gas tank? I don't think the handlebar is necessary either if you have real bindings and you know how to ride a board...you'll just smack your face on it over and over. That said, my wife was a pro freestyle snowboarder and I'm her coach...we could absolutely destroy that thing in a most spectacular fashion and have a lot of fun figuring it out. It has a ton of potential but the inherent limitations are pretty serious as well. Looks perfect for when you're boarding downhill but you hit a flat spot and couldn't otherwise get through it, or when you just generally need a speed boost like right before going off the side of a cliff. But again, if it can't get me to at least 50mph on flat groom it's just not useful enough. Also it looks like a huge mistake putting all the weight up front like that. The nose will constantly dish under and bury itself in powder. It looks like it was designed by a snowmobiler, not a boarder. The back leg has to do the most work in boarding, mostly because more weight needs to be shifted to the back to hold your line. This product seems to be doing the opposite, although how can I judge the balance without trying it? Still, the weight should at least be balanced, and right now I highly doubt that it is. It'll never do a good 360 in its current form.

But even if it's as limited as it looks I STILL want to at least try it out for half a day and give it a real run. That is, as long as there's no "your break it you bought it" policy. :)

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Okay, I just polled the entire household and all agreed, Beaxch and his wife should definitely be testers of this product. I'm sure they're the most qualified on SW.

Good luck man.

Jeff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts