Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am happy to say that we believe we have a solution to our ongoing server issues.

I would like to take a brief moment to say thank you to all the users that emailed us. Many great ideas and contacts were given, which we credit primarily to our solution.

Shortly, we will begin the transition to a dedicated server. This will not happen overnight, the server is still in the process of being built and is not expected to be ready until some time next week. At that time, we will begin loading the software that we need to run the site. This will take some time for us to complete, at which time we will begin to move the entire site, one page at a time.

We also have some changes in the works for the site. While we can't go into great detail of what exactly they are, rest assured it will provide a better experience for everyone.

Until the new server is completely ready AND we are able to move the site over to it, we have to deal with the current unstable server. It's performance comes and goes, not to mention the other issues that come along with it.

We realize that images are not showing up, emoticons not appearing, and the inability to post images. There is not much we can do about this at this time. We await movement to the new server to deal with these issues. Rest assured that we will resolve every and all issues with the site.

Once again, thank you for your patience in this ongoing problem. We hope to solve this situation once and for all, soon.

Thanks.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Thanks Cory for being so dedicated to this site. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this is the best snowmobile site and even overall site out there because of Cory, moderator's, user's and yes, even supreme high lords of snowmobiling. Whom do we have to thank for that dedicated server?

·
Banned
5,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC @ Feb. 08 2002, 5:22pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whom do we have to thank for that dedicated server?[/b][/quote]
Actually, we were able to find one for a reasonable cost that we at SW can cover.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Thats great news Corey, I cant believe that you've found another way to the site even better. I still think you must not sleep with all the work you've done for this site.
Keep up the good work and if you need any help let me know what I can do from my end.
Darryn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts