Snowmobile World banner

Servomotor On Power Valves

11K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  dc-cat 
#1 ·
Any suggestions on how to verify, while stationary, the operation of the servomotor that opens the power valves? Suspecting problems with the servomotor but because you need 7000 RPM to activate and open, not sure how to verify in the garage. I had a suggestion to lift/jack the machine, nail the throttle to achive 700 RPM, and visually monitor the movement. Nervious about running 7000+RPM on a free running track like that. Any feedback?.

#2 ·
You didn't state what engine or year your working on.
My 02 800 cycles the valves on start up, if you take the cover off its easy to see if you start the sled, no need to rev.
The tell tale signs of servo/pwr valve problems are reduced top end rpm. Have you checked if the valves are free and the cable adustment? Start at the begining and work from there.
Rick.

#3 ·
Take the plastic cover off from the servo motor where the cables attach. Start your sled and keep an eye on it, the servo will cycle. You dont need to run up the rpm's. If you missed it shut your sled off and do it again, it cycles at start up. My 01 ZR800 that I had seemed like there was a problem with the apv's. so I removed the plastic cover over the servo and found that one of my cables had come unattached. This happened 3 times in 1700 miles :cussing:

#4 ·
Well, on my "01" ZR800 I have to blip the throttle to get the servo motor to cycle. I cut out windows on the top and right side of the S/M cover and glued clear plastic to the openings so I don't have to remove the cover. I do have to lift the hood though :doh:

Auggie

#5 ·
For anyone that is interested, incase you wanted to know some useless information, it does that one cycle as a cleaning cycle. It is suppose to do that to scrape the walls of it clean I guess, plus is a good test too.
Hey Catz azz. Do you have the clip on there after the cable is put on? They shouldn't just fall off. That clip locks them in pretty good.

#6 ·
I own a Pantera 600EFI, 2002. The servomotor does not cycle on start, as least I haven't seen it yet. Maybe the cycling only applies to certain models like the 800? Some people say there machine cycles; others say it doesn't. Not sure if mine is suppose to or not. Is there a way of applying a signal/voltage to check it?

#7 ·
Originally posted by rfmckee@Nov 27 2002, 08:12 AM

Hey Catz azz. Do you have the clip on there after the cable is put on? They shouldn't just fall off. That clip locks them in pretty good.
I didnt see any clip ??? The cable just wrapped around and hooked in like a throttle cable on flat slides.

#8 ·
There is a clip that holds the cables on. The clip fits between the cables and the wide part secures the cables in place underneath. They will come loose if this is not in place. I would suggest check the exploded parts diagram with your dealer and get one.

kenbar

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.