Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 MXZ 700 and need help setting it up. I am 6 6 250 and am wondering if I should change to heavier springs in the skid. I changed my FIII to heavier springs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
980 Posts
I went up two "steps"(the rating they use in the skidoo manual) on the springs on mine, I added a "seat jack" on mine so I could carry the daughter.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I really don't think you need the stiffer springs. I had a 2000 MXZ 500 and set the rear springs on 3 of 4 and seldom bottomed out,and I weigh 245. Leave the suspension coupled,set the middle shock at 4,set the front shock at 2. This worked for me,just play with it for a while,takes time to dial it in for your own ride preference. Good luck  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I will go along with what mxz7 is saying ,I am not 250 but I was around 220 in 00 when I bought my 700,my buddy that also rode a 700 is closer to 250 and he just ran the 4th setting in the junk and number 3 the rest of the time on desent trails.front shock on the back I will have to check on that one.he prefered the 4 setting up front I ran in the middle.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Like the boyz said you will have to adjust it to your rideing style. Set it up and go for a ride. I don't think you will need a stiffer spring. On my 99 mxz 600 I had to mess around for a while and I think I found the right spot. When I first got It the settings where set at the lightest settings and I was getting bucked like a wild horse. This was all due to the settings and now it rides fine.

It is all about trial and error.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the help. I have been reading the site for a while and have gotten a lot of good advice. Thanks again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts