Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to a pond radar run in a few weeks and was wondering if you guys have any water set ups you normally do?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I don't know any in particular except "Get on the gas and kick some @$$!"

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
How long is the run? 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" track is good. set the front shocks soft. Set the front rear a little stiffer than normal and drop the torsion spring blocks down a notch from where you normally ride. Leave the suspension coupled. DON'T sit on the back of the sled. Sit normally until you are on top of the water good, gas it on, then slide forward just enough to let the skiis touch the water lightly. (just for stability)  Let us know how long the run was, what you hit for speed, and what you ended up with for set-up.

Good Luck!!! Wish I could be there.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Listen to idooski...I hear he beats Sea-Doos with his mxz...

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
I knew I would find a reply in this topic from you,Idooski.ready to float the mxz?

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Idooski, do you ever go down to Three Oaks mich. to the campground and run the first weekend in August? I dont run there, just watch and drink beer.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I`d say about 1000 to 1500 feet I think i got a 136 inch by 1/4 thanks for the tips, do you always take your seat off ?or duct tape your vents?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Well CrazyB I would take off the seat and remove the gas tank and use a jerry can but even if ya DOO that think ya can beat MY gade
 LOL just joking buddy

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I don't take anything off. I have never taped anything up either. If you ride a Cat or Yammie, it's a different story. I hardly even get a wet butt.

CrazyB...I really doo hope you mean a 1 1/4" track. I think that would be a water burn-out w/a 1/4".

Mikadoo...I have never done any organized watercross. I just run her down the trail and over whatever water I can find...for hours. My buddies think I'm possessed!!
But I doo it a lot and have had no problems. Where's Three Oaks and how would I find out about this event? I'd like to get in!!  

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oops yes that was 1 1/4
and lady k lets not forget the lesson you learned last time you were riding water  

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I knew Idooski would launch on this one.   I have ridden with the crazy water loone and let me tell you,  we were up in the Iron's Michigan area and he couldn't stop from "testing" the water there.  Then in Mancelonia, we wanted to go to the Snocross and see the new Rev's, and on the way we saw some ditch water from the rains that day.  I mean some great water skipping areas.  Idooski becomes posessed with water!  He should change his name to "SEAHUNT".  LOL.... Oh by the way MXZWFO will vouch for this also.   So hey "SEAHUNT" where are the pictures?    

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In uxbridge on a private farm, last year big turn out. should be in a few weeks I`m waiting for the info,they do a radar run on the water

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I think that it may be this weekend crazy b.A friend of mine lives there and he called asking if i wanted to go.He was positive it was this weekend

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
CrazyB phone Guy at USE and get us a date for this event.
Im taking the seat off ,gauges out,headlight and taillight removed. I dont plan on sinking but one never knows. If i do sink this will cut down on cost and hassel besides i dont wanna wreck the ladys new ride.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts