Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do i have to get a clutch kit to get it to engage at a higher rpm or can i just set it differently? - its a 99' ski doo mxz-x race sled already set pretty agressivly but wan it more agressive.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Cross reference the primary clutch spring (find out the color of the dots on it) and you can use a Ski-Doo chart to find out what the poundage of the spring is at engagment. Simply go to a spring with a similar finish tension, but a higher engagment tension.

·
Registered
852 Posts
if i`m not mistaken , doesnt that sled stock engage at 5200 rpm or so? higher engagement doesent always make for a faster sled. higher initial spring rate also slows upshift for the first 200 foot. i think you should doo your best (to the original poster) to gain a good understanding of the finer points of clutching. you have to determine x ach ly what you want and then proceed. ski doo has there race manuel that has alot of real good overall general clutch theory. i highly recomened to anybody that wants to "tweak" their current set up. the enjoyment of understanding what your doing is almost as good as gittin r done. dont take this the wrong way but you dont know what components are in your set up now let alone how they work together. they might not be stock...you might have a unbeatable set and not know it. anyways clutches are technical and i hate easy answers to technical subjects. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts