Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to set the pump back on my rocket...how far do you guys put it back at a time? I am using almost two litres to a tank of fuel...how far back is safe to start with?

·
Registered
918 Posts
There should be a line on the case of the pump and one on the arm. Take the slack out of the cable with the throttle and line them up. Worked for me!
                              Ryan

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Go with Ryan says and check how much gas and oil you use for a given distance. Next season do a 100 loop, leaving with afull tank of gas. When you get back, note the amount of gas it takes to fill up the tank. Then using a Ratio Rite or similiarly marked container, top up the oil reservoir. Convert the gallons to fluid oz. and divide by the number of oz of oil you used. This will give you your gas oil ratio. If the result is less than 50:1, it means that your adjustment is still rich. You can still adjust the pump. when you get around 50:1 you should be OK.

Last year my '01 600 came from the dealer running 23:1. After2 trips to the dealer they got it set up to run right on the money at 50:1. They were leery about doing it, but I had the figures written down (the first adjustment got the ratio to 32:1) to prove that the sled was way too rich.

I don't think dealers like to play with the pump when the customer say I'm using this much oil, but has no idea how much gas is being used. With some info, they'd probably do it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts