Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of websites that have setup information for the SC-10 II and/or the 700 rotax.

Also, is the SC-10 in the 2000 Formula Z 700 the same as the one in the 2000 MXZ 700?  I know the shocks are different, but is anything else? Are the engines the same?

How about a general info page about the FZ 700, reviews, opinions etc.

Thanks for the help.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
what info you looking for?there are several of us '00 700 riders on here and a couple that have some mods.so ask away.

·
Registered
171 Posts
someone correct if I am wrong but I think that the 2000 FZ7 and MXZ7 engines are slightly different.  The FZ engine was a copy of the 99 limited release MXZ engine whereas the 2000 MXZ engine was a die-cast engine. Again, I think that the FZ engine may have been slightly stronger (126 vs 122 hp) according to published dyno figures.  anyone?

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, that was one of the things I was looking for.

Is that HP number correct? 126 HP!

Is there a baseline that should be set for suspension setup?

I weigh about 200lbs

Are they faster/slower than an MXZ 700, I have ridden the 2000 MXZ so I have an idea.

what is this engine like on fuel/oil etc.

Any and all info about the machine will be helpful, I am not looking for anything specific though.

What is the general opinion about this sled? or engine?
good/bad?

Is there anything I should be worried about?

Thanks.

DP

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
all the prodution units in '00 were the die cast motors not the sand cast as the '99 were so hp will be around 122 or so I found mine would hit 123.set-up for suspention will be set- it up for you,how you like it.fuel and oil consumption are very good on this machine.make sure your oil pump is set correctly.for a ball park on suspention set-up look at the chart on the belt guard.

·
Registered
524 Posts
The 2000 formula z 700 IS NOT a die cast motor!! The purple FZ and the standard summit have the sand cast motor used in 99. a good look under the hood reveals this!! Also anyone who has read the crankshaft warranty kit for the 2000 die cast motors will have noticed that it specifically excludes the fz and standard summit. The formula deluxe and all mxz's do have the die cast motors and in my experience are slower out of the crate than the formula Z

1 - 8 of 8 Posts