Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the ol' Sabercat home tonight. Now I can go throught the thing and fix all the little bugs everyone has found!!Pics to come!! SWRules :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Basically they replaced the parts....right a-arm,left shock spring...apparently when the parts guy ordered the spring,they sent a std. suspention spring instead of the sno-pro spring...that was most of the delay. They ended up pulling a spring off another guy's sno-pro to replace mine. He is still waiting for parts also.....belly pan,side panels.firecat decal on side of sled...his was scratched up worse than mine!!!So when the sping does come in,they're just going to put it on his.I guess he is in no hurry.....he's going to miss the snow we are supposed to get in this area (1-2' by Saturday) :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
WOAH!!! 1-2'!! ill be there!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just double checked the weatherbug for Bufalo area....it's supposed to snow every day till Wednesday!!!!The Gods are listening :inlove: Heavy lake effect baby...gotta love livin' in Buffalo...I knew there was a reason I still live here!!!

·
Registered
355 Posts
wow saber what happen to your sled?? scratches?? that aint a good word to hear....hey im from medina...im at college right now comin home for the weekend...where is this snow they are callin from suppose to hit..?? in the city?? N of the city...or in the damn!! southern tier??maybe this will be a good weekend home...when are they callin for it?? anything for those who get left out of the lake effect...oh man im gettin too excited man :thumbsup: :thumbsup: -INDY

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forecast is for lake snow south of the city....chautauqua and cattaraugus counties..3-6" tonight to tomorrow and more most of the day Saturday. Sounds like they have downgraded the ammount a bit. Probably a foot or so total.

·
Registered
168 Posts
NO FAIR!!! our weather guy here in SD SUCKS!! we were suppose to get 1-3" day before yesterday and 3-6" yesterday, we got a total of 3" I AM JEALOUS, but at the same time happy 4 u!! Have Fun and remember CRASHING SUCKS!!

A

·
0 Posts
Did someone announce their new sled without posting pictures? The nerve! ha ha :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I haven't had time to get good pics taken yet.....sucks having to work for a living ;)
I took a few today but my digital cam sucks! I have to get the sled out in the daylight and out of the garage for the pics to come out right.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice sled sabrecat :) congradulations , finaly

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Looks like the Doo in the pic is serving it's purpose...a stopping block for the Ford truck, eh? :D :p JK

·
Registered
582 Posts
Originally posted by sabrecat_f7@Nov 1 2002, 02:52 AM
Here is a pic of the pics....haha
Hey what kind of studs are those? did you have the 1.375 track on it? couldnt tell from the angle, i know its a snopro so it should have but i couldnt see.

I have a f7 snopro on the way and i am thinking of studding it but i am not sure what type stud pattern to use and backer plates. I wanted to use the double digger plates but not im not sure because i heard they can crack and twist easier? your pattern seems good, it is the woodys one? i thought you could not run any studs in the direct center of the track because you will hit the tunnel middle support beam. what company backer plates are they?

i was thinking of going with the pattern in this pic. what do you think?

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pics are woodys mega bite 1.450 with woody aluminum backers. Pattern is woody also. I originally was going to go with 144,but decided on 96 to keep the chances down of tearing up the tunnel. I had a thicker tunnel strip installed for a 1997 year zr tunnel . Thought it would keep down the track stretching so much also. This is the first deep lug track,and i think 96 will be enough for the traction on ice and hard pack. The Doo in the background is my father-in laws. He took it for payment on a job he did. What a piece of [email protected]#$.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Don't know if I would go with the doubles on the deep lug track.....depends on the type of riding you are going to do.I think they tend to twist more myself. I talked to alot of people before I decided on the 96. For my situation,I thoutght 96 was best.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts