1 99 heavy mod 890 mach z  that needs a steel cable to pull over KA POW poped
running
2002 800 summot
98 mach 1 piped and cluthced
97 mxz 670

·
Registered
530 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (folgers @ Feb. 21, 2002, 3:11pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">6 out of 9 doos down in less than 1 week

1 2000 mach z track
1 97 mxz  track
1 98 mach z water  pump
1 98 mxz poped motor
1 98 form 111 poped motor
1 99 heavy mod 890 mach z  that needs a steel cable to pull over KA POW poped
running
2002 800 summot
98 mach 1 piped and cluthced
97 mxz 670[/b][/quote]
You cant really blame Ski Doo for the track.  And the modded sled, well its modded so you can't blame them for that either.  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
It's just bad luck!  Nothing wrong with the colors!

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
folgers,
 are those from the posts on this board ? i notice the doo'ers don't get embarassed about a problem sled and talk about on here but most the others seem to take it as a personal blow and stay tight lipped.  

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
poped miss spell

no those sleds are from a trip to maine that is still going on! just sharing it with you! ill be there next week RANGELEY ME
YA HOOOO, JUST GOING TO BE A BUSY WEEK WITH REPAIRS TO GET SOME OF THOSE BOYS BACK UP !!!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Those sleds are all antiques except for the summit! Did the summit have to tow them all home then it blew right, lol. That is the reason i only ride with warranty since 1995.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
must be nice to be able too have new sleds!!! some arnt as lucky as you! i found it funny also ! hope you blow something on your new sled i bet you wouldnt be posting LOL on your post  all ready spent too much time on you

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Don't get all bent out of shape folgers. I just got so sick of my used sleds breaking all the time and never getting to ride.
I got smeared on my motorcycle in the city back in 92 and sued the guy hard. After 4 years of rehabilitation i got in the game with a new formula 3 600. My buddies dad owns the doo dealer i get em for $150 above invoice and doo my own PDI. For less than 2 g's a year including extra goodies im on a new ride with warranty. I don't goto bars or drink  so the 2 g's isn't that hard to save. I bet all those guys with the older sleds you mentioned doo at least if not more than 2g's worth of maintenance , breakdowns , headaches. I know the guys with us that ride older sleds doo and they always break down on our northern excursions. Plus i dont have to pay for storage, summerizing or winter prepping. The ten hour check only costs me 30 bones. I have only had 2 breakdowns on my new sleds 99 mach1 stator and my 00 mxz 700 seized and both times bombi and the dealer treated me great. The stator was backordered for the mach so they ripped a brand new sled out of the crate for me to ride for a week and a half till mine was ready, bombi paid the dealer. If something did manage to blow on my renegade i would certainly post it to see if someone else had the same problem. It sounds like youve had one too many foldgers today, little tense?

·
Registered
165 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (permafrost @ Feb. 22, 2002, 11:14am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I bet all those guys with the older sleds you mentioned doo at least if not more than 2g's worth of maintenance , breakdowns , headaches.[/b][/quote]
I don't know anyone that does $2000 dollars of maintainence every year...that would be enough for me to light a match and burn the sled.  If you MAINTAIN your sled properly, maintainence costs are minimal.  Of course, if all you do is put gas and oil in it, then you are just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Good one SKI-DOOD!!!!
Folgers, don't you think the tracks should have been checked before the trip. Don't think you can blame Doo for that. I believe all manufacturers tracks are made by the same place, just to each brands specs.
And a heavily modified Mach 890.........In my experience..... heavy modified and reliable DO NOT go hand in hand.
Looks like 3 of 9 would be a better title for your post.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
We maintain our sleds religiously. Last time we went to Cochrane buddy blew his crank seal on his mach z= 1900  to fix , cranks for triples are not cheap. Before that we went to new liskered buddys 98 machz blew up 60 miles in the middle of the A108Q connecting rod let go grenaded casing. Write off traded in for new renegade.It so easy to spend 2 g's on a sled for the season its not even funny.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i think you all took this wrong i was just sharing news from a trip to maine no more no less!!!

i run a 98 mach 1 i wouldnt buy anything else than a ski doo triple!!

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
I owned a 97,98 and a 99 mach1 and put thousands of kliks on them only problem ever was the stator on the 99 mach1 . You have to ask yourself though why won't bombi offer or sell a 2nd year of engine warranty on the mach.Kinda makes you go hmmmm. The reason i switched to a twin was it is more suited to the trails in the area i now live in.  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Guys, folgers wasn't here to criticize ski-doo or bombardier!   He was just here to tell you about his missfortune.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts