Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started playing w/ my sled this year, 1st I was having a low end bog that i chased (found it in the clutch) changed gears, 53 deg. helix, springs in the primary and sec., and weights. Now I am getting great hole shots, but it is shifting too quick (i think.) The skis come off the ground for the first 5 ft. then it bogs, then midrange hooks up awsome! any suggestions? ???

G

·
You need more preload on your secondary, either move the spring up one hole or give another rotation on the helix. Just don't put on too much.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by ARCTICZRT600@Oct 30 2002, 06:50 AM
You need more preload on your secondary, either move the spring up one hole or give another rotation on the helix. Just don't put on too much.
I am already @ the second to the last hole, and don't like running on the outside holes, do u think I should get a stiffer spring? (using red right now)

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
I'am no clutch expert but you are shifting out to fast. I would say it's one of two things: 1, like the rest said or 2 the helix angle is to steep, so try a 50 if a tighter preload wont work.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Whats going on with the RPM when you sled starts to bog!!
How far is the RPM droping? Is your max RPM OK?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts