Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, does anyone have any experience shipping a sled in Canada? I'm looking at shipping from Alberta to Ontario(Ottawa). Any ideas? I did a search on the board and there is not much mentioned. I'm thinking of calling some moving companies in the area. ??? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I've often thought about it, but never followed it up. I think you could probably put your sled in a crate, and ptu it on a trucking company's truck and ship it to a dealer or somewhere at the destination. Not sure on price though.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
It shouldn't be a big deal. Head over to your local dealer and score a new sled crate. slid er on in, then call up a trucking co to pick er up. To make it easier to find a co that will ship it you might try boxing it up somewhere that has a fork lift on site, maybe even the dealer where your scoring the crate.
Either a web search or a trip through the local yeller pages should yield a suitable carrier.
If its a sled your selling you might also want to have the buyer try from his end as there may be a trucking co doing a return trip from yours to his area.
Rick.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Dpaige..I wouldn't mind that info either...thanks.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Service it, fill up the fluids, pack your bags & ride it!!!!! :p That would be a fun trip!! Isn't that what our trans Canada Trail is for?? :p

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
i know that the car carriers will haul it but i would use a household mover. those people are always going coast to coast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts