Snowmobile World banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
I would say call a local trucking company that ships to the US and see about a quote and what you would need to do to prep it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Im a MRO Buyer for a large military vehicle manufacturer, and I deal with shipping large items every day, and just recently I had to ship one large crate weighing about 468lbs from Germany to Ontario, Ontario to Chicago, Chicago to Mishawaka, Indiana.  Here is the basic cost I payed for the freight with prepaid $52,000 insurance on the crate.  

Germany to Ontario= 5 day air frieght $518 US
Ontario to Chicago = 2 day truck $ 97 US
Chicago to Mishawaka= 1 day truck $ 47 US

I used Emery Forwarding International.  They are large trucking/transportation firm located worldwide.  They usually have an office in every major city and are about the cheapest company to use, unless you have corporate accounts, customs brokers, or Fed ID #'s. Be ready to wait for a 5-7 day US custom crossing, that is if you dont have a customs broker.   Email me if you need help, [email protected]

·
Registered
268 Posts
Here is the number for customs office on the Bluewater bridge which crosses into Michigan. 519-337-8721 & 519-336-0980. Call for the US customs office and inquire about duty charges etc.
Shipping with a freight company means you better get your brokerage papers in order or else they could impound it if refused.

·
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Guys,

I have sent this info to the buyer that is interested.

He will be taking care of the shipping but I said that I would help him out if I could.  I said it would probably cost him about $500 US to ship it.  Even with the cost that high he is still getting a great deal.

Thanks for the help.

DP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts