Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could get a set of purple shock covers for my brother-in-laws '97 Ultra SPX? He would like them to say Polaris, but not absolutely necessary.
Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I suggest you go to your local Polaris dealership and pick up a pair. I don't think they should be any more than 59.99 canadian for them. They say polaris on them.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked with polaris and they only seem to make black, red, blue and yellow, I'll ask the dealer though. Thanks.
Anyone else know where I could get these. I know purple isn't one of polaris's most popular colors.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I got a question on shock boats. I wanna get some too but was wondering if they would rip? fade? boat printing wear out? fall off? LOL anyone had problems with em let me know.

·
Registered
282 Posts
A racer I support is developing a product called Sno Skinz. They are a neoprene shock cover and look like they will work extremely well. He has gotten a very good response to them and I believe that Dennis Kirk and Parts Unlimited will be carrying them. I will relay this posting to him and have him respond to you guys. Stay tuned!! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Myers Racing told me about some questions regarding shock covers on this site. First time using this site, but by the way it looks, it deffinately will not be my last...

I have developed a shock cover called SnoSkinz. After almost 2 years of R & D we are ready for marketing the product this year. We also have ATV covers called MudSkinz. Our shock covers are made of a highly durable and very thick neoprene. The neoprene has had to have some work done on the fabric itself to insure it's rigidity so it will not effect the pre-load of the shock what so ever. The coils just simply slide in and out of the cover. We will have all the factory colors, blaze orange, and black to start out with. The basic covers will have SnoSkinz on the covers, not factory names (not yet anyways). We will also have another option, flamed and graphic'd out ones with multi colors. The basic covers will have a MSRP of $44.95 and the multi color/flamed one will have a MSRP of $54.95. We will also custom make covers for snomobile clubs, race teams, or ???

(Of course this is a biased opinion)...... The nylon shock boots are having problems, namely as soon as the nylon gets bunched up in the pre-load of the coil, they get pinched and tear VERY easily. The salt is murder on the nylon fabric. Secondly, all the crap & junk that gets thrown on your shocks while trail riding is KEPT inside the boot, namely salt & sand, which means it'll quickly become rusty from the salt and will blow out the shock. Ask someone who has used the boots and never took them off all season what their shocks looked like after a year of being so called "protected". Our covers let all the junk out, it just simply drops out the bottom.

We will be in all the catalogs as well as have hundereds of dealers in the midwest selling them by the beginning of next season. If you would like to get your hands on a set of these covers before next season, there are two ways. First, if you race sleds, we have a sponsorship program, we would really like to get the racers using SnoSkinz out on the tracks, so if you are approved for sponsorship, we will send you a free pair to run with. If you do not race, call or mail us and we will send you a pair for $35, shipping included ($10.00 off). We would really like to get poeple to start using our covers, and would love to hear feed back. Thanks for the opportunity to post here.

SnoSkinz Inc.
17750 Johnson ST NE
Ham Lake, MN 55304
763-434-8989
[email protected]

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks SnoSkinz for the info thats what i was looken for and questioned about i forgot about salt damage in other brands i'll be lookin forward to gettin some SnoSkinz hehehe

·
Registered
310 Posts
I heard that if you get those shock covers, it holds in heat, and thus producing more shock fade........ ??? ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was one of the concerns in our R & D was making sure the heat retention was zilch. Using the Neoprene and the extra applications done to it, there is no effect on heat retention. SnoSkinz is not a boot, it's simply neoprene fabric wrapped around the coil. I guess a good term to use is "shock wrap" instead of "boot". There is PLENTLY of air movement and none of the salt & crud will get bunched and stay up there, like a boot, actually causing MORE heat retnetion inside the "boot". I hope that helped.

The more I look around this site, the more I'll be coming back..... nice site!!

Someone do a snow dance!!! I did mine last night..... :D

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts