Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Iam new ! Anyway I just had the Rear/Rear shock replaced in my sled and it feels like their isnt to much resistance in the rear end , is their any kind of setting for this that I can make it more resistant ? I weigh about 235 if that helps ! Thanks

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
You can't adjust the shock unless it is a clicker type unit (X-model). The shock's job is to dampen the oscillation of the suspension which is falling rat on your sled. Try to increase the rear spring preload to carry the operator weight.

[attachment=33475:__00_susp.doc]

BTW welcome !!!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought but wasnt sure.....could i get heavier springs ?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Yes you can get heavier springs.
What you should have on right now are 503189443 RH GN/GN/GN and 503189445 LH GN/GN/GN Both are 11.11mm wire diameter with an opening angle of 95 degrees and length of 385mm.

The stiffer ones are 503189339 RH GN/GN and 503189338 LH GN/GN. Both are 11.11mm wire diameter with an opening angle of 90 degrees and 400mm length.

The GN/ means how many green stripes are on the spring coil (where it winds around the suspension shaft) The opening angle is how many degrees deviation between the short and long end of the relaxed spring. The length indicates how many wound coils.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts