Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just talked with the Cat dealer...quoted $30 per shock(I remove and take in)plus any seals etc. that may be needed.  These were for Fox or ACT shocks...(02 ZR600)

Is this in line with what most everyone else is paying

·
Registered
483 Posts
One dealer around here wanted $40 per shock...or would do all 4 at once for $120...found another dealer...longer drive, but said $15 each.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I pay $30 bucks for valves, seals, oil & nitrogen charge(seems to be the norm around Tug Hill, NY). I have found that the $15-$20 rebuild does not include enw valves, just a cleaning, seals & nitrogen.  The valves control the rate of bump & rebound as long as the seals are good. Seems like a half a$$ job.  

·
Registered
61 Posts
I would buy the equipment and rebuild them yourself.  By the time a bought the kit, nitrogen tank and regulator the total was about 250.  with 3 sleds, i made out the first year.  takes about 15 minutes a shock.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I kind of like that idea about buying equipment and doing my own!  Why don't more guys do that, or at least riding buddies go in on it together and split the cost.(seems sensible)  

I would like to get more info on exactly what is needed, is there a GOOD internet source to get this information?

Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
check out deycore.com.  they have all you need including a Fox video explaining the porcedure in detail!

Good luck and let us know how things went.

Maxwell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts