Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it REALY take to service a rebuildable shock.

Once the nitrogen is released is it just seal's and oil. Then refill with nitrogen.

I have heard people here say they get there shock's serviced cheap. Talked to a couple of shop's. If I tke them JUST the shock it's $80-$110 PLUS part's.

I have had shock's apart before,but just for kick's, never tryed to replace any thing before. Is there any thing inside to be messed up buy just basic matiance.....I've been told every 1000 miles rebuild.

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
What does it REALY take to service a rebuildable shock.

Once the nitrogen is released is it just seal's and oil. Then refill with nitrogen.

I have heard people here say they get there shock's serviced cheap. Talked to a couple of shop's. If I tke them JUST the shock it's $80-$110 PLUS part's.

I have had shock's apart before,but just for kick's, never tryed to replace any thing before. Is there any thing inside to be messed up buy just basic matiance.....I've been told every 1000 miles rebuild.[/b]
not if you just do seals and oil. its when you start revalving that you can be in over your head quick.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok.....so the 1000 mile service can be done with out all the cost ?

How much nitrogren do the shock's get charged to ?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
time between rebuilds really depends on style of riding. as for cost, 80 a shock is insane. kick my link belong and it has all my prices and my email, if you want to call my number is 763 516 3759 my name is freddy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts