Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have about 8000klms on my 2000 MXZ700(spring order with DPM)t the back shock/s are getting weak. It bottoms alot easier than it ever did and the ride seems worse than it was. What is the best option? redo the ones I have, or replace? I DON'T want to hurt the ride, I want more control in big bumps/jumps. And I assume its the back shock that has more control on this?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
make sure it is the shock you think it is....more often it is the front shock that goes bad and the back just SEEMS weaker...I have that going on right now with mine

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
If they are rebuildable then go that route.  Normally you get about 2 years out of a shock and then you have to rebuild them.  After that you need to rebuild them every year to keep the same ride.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You have to change oil in the shocks about every 500 miles if you do a lot of hard riding. Water gets in the center shock and then the shock fades out bad. I just had the oil changed in my center and had 700 miles on it when it got changed again to add a remote res. to it and the oil was all milky. If you want a really good ride i know some one in Alaska that has got the best ride for a sled. He does all my shocks for me and i can go out and kick any sleds butt in the bumps. If you would like to get his number let me know at [email protected]

·
Registered
664 Posts
Get them rebuilt, I have the exact same sled, I paid about $50 apiece, makes a huge difference, they'll feel like new again.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I invested the money this year to start rebuilding shocks, tank of nitrogen, regulator & hose, quality needle $600.00 US. Since then piston guides, seal protectors, piston height guage, schrader valve adapter another $375.00, i'm not complaning just saying it's not inexpensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts